• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

This Is Crazy

B

belquar

THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Every person involved in the denial of care for this woman should be criminally liable. :banghead

Yeah she had a warrant, yeah they probably deal with the inner city crap day in and day out, but c'mon. Hospitals are supposed to be places where a person can go for help. Maybe there is more to the story, but still.

UNREAL

Sounds typical for big city BS. I remeber doing CPR in back of my ambulance in Detroit. My partner was driving and calling hospitals on the radio. The first 3 or 4 hospitals would state that they were closed to cardiac.
That would leave us driving around in circles trying to find a hospital that would accept us.
That is a shame the hospital staff could not even do a proper triage. That sounds like a bunch of burnt out under paid caregivers. Then add the icing on the cake with a burnt out dispatcher.
I am not defending any parties involved. This is just an example of the state of the U.S. health care system. The parties involved need to be punished to the highest extreme.
As a firefighter/medic, I have seen a lot of poor care for patients with and without insurance. Our medical control will not allow landing zones for helicopter transport. The patient must be evaluated by the ER physician. In other words the patient must go to the hospital so the hospital gets some money before the helicopter transports to a rael trauma center.
I pity that ladies family. You go to a place where you hope to get medical care and everyone blows you off. Our country is in trouble. No one cares anymore. The politicians have what they want. Big business CEO's don't care. Those two groups are as bad as the war on drugs. There is way to much money at stake.

PC

As a firefighter/medic, I have seen a lot of poor care for patients with and without insurance. Our medical control will not allow landing zones for helicopter transport. The patient must be evaluated by the ER physician. In other words the patient must go to the hospital so the hospital gets some money before the helicopter transports to a rael trauma center.

Yikes - When I played medic in NJ (part time gig, didn't get the excitement I needed from public accounting), we made the evaluation on scene, if we decided to fly them, we did. I even had them fly based on a radio conversation with an LEO on scene. Did cancel as they approached a time or two (usually because patient died) but was NEVER called to the mat for putting a helicopter in the air.

Part of what may have been different in NJ is the State Police flew The helicopters, they were not privately owned by a hospital. Now and then we would get one out of PA if the NJ copters were busy. Had one land at a scene and the patient died, no transport... never heard a bad thing about that incident.

We truly were able to "when in doubt, fly them out" Course, I have no idea if this still holds there.

I couldn't get past all the active x crap in that link.

Is that the about woman that died on the floor of the ER admitting area because none of the medical folks would provide care and the 9-11 folks wouldn't dispatch EMS since she was in a hospital??

I couldn't get past all the active x crap in that link.

Is that the about woman that died on the floor of the ER admitting area because none of the medical folks would provide care and the 9-11 folks wouldn't dispatch EMS since she was in a hospital??

yes it is.

Yikes - When I played medic in NJ (part time gig, didn't get the excitement I needed from public accounting), we made the evaluation on scene, if we decided to fly them, we did. I even had them fly based on a radio conversation with an LEO on scene. Did cancel as they approached a time or two (usually because patient died) but was NEVER called to the mat for putting a helicopter in the air.

Part of what may have been different in NJ is the State Police flew The helicopters, they were not privately owned by a hospital. Now and then we would get one out of PA if the NJ copters were busy. Had one land at a scene and the patient died, no transport... never heard a bad thing about that incident.

We truly were able to "when in doubt, fly them out" Course, I have no idea if this still holds there.

I live in ocean county. I volunteer with my local squad. Our birds are private from MONOC.

IMO the personnel who were in the front of the Er need to be terminated immediately. Any Nurse, Dr. or other care giver who stood by and watched as that woman died needs to lose their license and get a job at Mc D's.

The 9-11 folks need to review their response guidelines. The 2 calls I heard last night on the news had different operators, they deserve, at the least a severe reprimand or termination depending on the policies of the response center.

The DA or County Prosecutor (whichever is the appropriate term / office) should immediately start investigating charges for manslaughter for those who did not render treatment in the hospital. No matter if she was clearly terminal, she did not deserve to die on the floor, in pain and fear like that. :mad

IMO the personnel who were in the front of the Er need to be terminated immediately. Any Nurse, Dr. or other care giver who stood by and watched as that woman died needs to lose their license and get a job at Mc D's.

The 9-11 folks need to review their response guidelines. The 2 calls I heard last night on the news had different operators, they deserve, at the least a severe reprimand or termination depending on the policies of the response center.

The DA or County Prosecutor (whichever is the appropriate term / office) should immediately start investigating charges for manslaughter for those who did not render treatment in the hospital. No matter if she was clearly terminal, she did not deserve to die on the floor, in pain and fear like that. :mad

Right on! Although I wouldn't trust them to sweep the floor at Mc D's either. If there is a case for a massive lawsuit and prison terms this would be it.:banghead
I dislike lawsuits as it won't bring back the victim but it may awaken the healthcare industry as a whole with a multi billion $$ settlement..

I live in ocean county. I volunteer with my local squad. Our birds are private from MONOC.

No more North Star and South Star?? North Star Flew out of Morristown Airport, later Newark, South Star Flew out of New Brunswick. I'm going to date myself, 1992 was probably the last time I ran on a hospital based MICU. Prior to that I worked in Newark for University. Things have probably changed.

North Star and South Star came at the time with clear NJ State Police emblems. Isn't MONOC a group of hospitals along the shore?

I doubt anyone will get a huge settlement for this woman. I agree, it sure sounds criminally negligent to my uneducated ears and criminal investigation sounds warranted.

What I really took offense to was the way one of the dispatchers or call center workers took time and energy to argue with the caller and try to win the argument. Talking over her and giving her a toung lashing and threats of criminal action for her calling 911. That disturbed my moral senses.

A high malpractice award won't bring the person back and the medical community is already used to multi million awards. That's one of the reasons fopr the high cost of medical coverage both for liability and to get services.

It seems the next high dollar item for multimillion settlements is the dry cleaning business. :bolt

As an employee of the healthcare industry (although I am not in a direct patient-care role), I am shock and stunned beyond what words can express. I know that no system is perfect, but this is way beyond that idea. What the hell happened to basic human compassion???

Right on! Although I wouldn't trust them to sweep the floor at Mc D's either. If there is a case for a massive lawsuit and prison terms this would be it.:banghead
I dislike lawsuits as it won't bring back the victim but it may awaken the healthcare industry as a whole with a multi billion $$ settlement..

No, our insurance rates will continue to go up, but the same Dr's and nurses who are "burned out" will continue to give or not give poor care. Law suites don't actually punish the offender, as they have malpractice insurance to cover it. They should be removed from practice. Money will not solve the problem, personal responcibility must. A person who doesn't give a crap for $38/hr. wont give a crap at $42 either, same with the Dr. making $300k/year or whatever. If they wouldn't do the job for $50k, they shouldn't be there at all because they aren't there for the right reason. But what do I know, I'm a plumber...........

It'll get better...

If you think that poor medical care, or rationed medical care - both mentioned in posts here - are disasterous, wait until it's free!

No more North Star and South Star?? North Star Flew out of Morristown Airport, later Newark, South Star Flew out of New Brunswick. I'm going to date myself, 1992 was probably the last time I ran on a hospital based MICU. Prior to that I worked in Newark for University. Things have probably changed.

North Star and South Star came at the time with clear NJ State Police emblems. Isn't MONOC a group of hospitals along the shore?

I only know what we get in our area. That is MONOC 1. That is the bird who services us. http://www.monoc.org/njCrisis.cfm They are our medics as well. It is all a mess. NJ is such a screwed up state. Maybe this is the nature of volunteer BLS, but there are two squads in our town. Our sqaud has the higher call volume because we answer most of the calls for the other squad cause they can't seem to get members to the building to put a rig on the road. In order for us to get their call though it has to go first, second and third request. That takes about 6-7 minutes. Then they will hit out our squad. We usually answer on first request, but we still have to get to the building, pull the rig, etc.

I went on a Mutual Aid call (us doing the work for another squad.) where a elderly person had fallen into a rather difficult position in the bathroom. We were the fifth sqaud called for this guy. That is 30 minutes at least before a rig even rolled. Took us 15 minutes to get there (out of our area) and this patient was just stuck and in pain. SUCKS. A shame. But hey...politics.

My town...recreation committee budget...100,000 a year. Our sqauds budget....used to be 50k. Down to 35k this year. Projected amount for next year 25k. But that recreation budget is holding strong. Guess that is what is important to this society.

:banghead

Back