Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1059

Thread: Post a picture of your hexhead.

What was I thinking

I thought I had posted the pictures of my Are Nine Tee /5 but true to my abilities with the computer I posted them in the fuel strip thread. I am a genius ya know, I just can't read.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We saw the other post...we'll delete the post in the Fuel Strip thread.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Thank You

I am easily fooled by my hast and distractions

New to me 2011 Camhead GSA picked up in NC just over a week ago from a member.
    Had 12K on it at pickup. Replacing my 09 with 150K.

Lost the roundel between TN & AR

EA22B64C-2792-4789-8B1B-61B08F4B7781.jpeg
    Davy Crockett in Lawrenceburg,TN... my great grandmother left here with kids in a wagon to go to Texas!

CAD96A9C-C72C-4634-846F-6FC79432BE26.jpeg
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

How do you like the camhead as compared to your '09. The first time I rode one I noticed it spun up more quickly than my '05.

That was pretty gutsy driving a "new" bike across country, without a shakedown run. You must have determined that it had been well maintained.
    Rinty

Had no complaints of Hexhead, we still have the S and R. Have ridden several Camheads and Waterheads and still believe the Cam got it right. Both GSAs have Enduro Tranny, but the new guy does have a different torque curve. I have been looking for a low miler for a bit and spotted this in Marketplace right as Covid happened.
    H said she would wait for next deal to replace her Roadster... and bought me a birthday gift!
    Sat on purchase trying to work logistics for more than a month.

The PO, still a member, is retired Navy, and former pilot. He took care of it to say the least. Had no qualms about first voyage towards TX. Looking through records, he had lost the left roundel a few years back... I evened it out with lost right on trip. Only issue and so minor
    Spent last few days swapping things over and getting bike registered, Im ready for NEXT which was CA next month for a now postponed wedding. And the Rally that was this weekend.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

2009 R1200 GSA I picked up in May to supplement my 2012 K1600 GTL.

2009 GSA.jpg

My 2007 BMW R1200R I picked up last March with a little over 12,000 miles. Went on a cruise last week and stopped at a George Webb once I realized I finally got over 24,000 miles on her!

thumbnail_Image.jpg
    2007 BMW R1200R
    MOA #: 219530

My 2009 RT (Champipple) also picked up in March with about 15.5K miles on the clock...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...but Mama, that's where the fun is!

2009 R1200RT Sand Beige Metallic (aka Champipple), 2007 Honda VFR RWB

New to me 2009 RT

Pick this up a few weeks ago. 43,500mi on the odo and rides beautifully.

IMG_5336.jpg

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Great looking bike and it came with RDL saddles. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    Great looking bike and it came with RDL saddles. Sweet.
    Thanks! I looked at several used RT's and this one stood out with the heated RDL and large top box. Not bad for $7000 - and from a BMW dealer nonetheless!

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by splank View Post
    Thanks! I looked at several used RT's and this one stood out with the heated RDL and large top box. Not bad for $7000 - and from a BMW dealer nonetheless!
    If you are into touring you will be able to run all day with no aches or pains if those saddles fit you well. That bike is made to do that but the stock seats are good for two hours only for most of us. Great find. You are going to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegalbicka View Post
    If you are into touring you will be able to run all day with no aches or pains if those saddles fit you well. That bike is made to do that but the stock seats are good for two hours only for most of us. Great find. You are going to love it.
    I've already logged around 500 miles since I got the bike. A few longer rides validated the comfort. I've been LD touring for years on different bikes (this is my first BMW). I've never found a stock seat that I liked... I'm really looking forward to some multi-day trips on the RT!

Finally joined BMOA, if only for the tire hazard program. This is my bike below 13 90th Anniversary. I test rode a 2020, it was amazing, but the wife would kill me. Besides, Ive gotten used to doing the maintenance on this. Coming up on 72k miles. Bought it with 19k in 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk