• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your hexhead.

New to me 05' RT on first long ride: Skyline Drive VA

New to me 05' RT on first long ride. Skyline Drive VA, Late October '17

R1200RT Skyline Drive.jpg

Welcome to the Forum ridenc4ever:wave

That was my first BMW after changing brands in 2005,same color ...took a few rides to quit banging my knees on lower fairing when stopping.
Enjoy the ride.

New-to-me 2007 R1200S

Last week, I brought home this 2007 R12S. The original owner rode it 24,000 miles. It has Ohlins, 6 "rear wheel, heated grips & soft luggage. I'm looking forward to railing the asphalt in the NC Smoky Mountains. Off to DMV today for a plate!

PS - can someone recommend a side stand foot enlarger?
PPS - Are Helibars ever discounted?

TIA - #OTB

R1200S_1.jpg
R1200S_2.jpg

Nice to see another S :wave

I think I have a Wunderlich stand enlarger, been awhile.

And no on the Heli's...rarely see any used ones.

Nice looking RT. :thumb

I bought a used bike there a few years ago and take my bikes to Hermy's for service. Great dealer!

Last week, I brought home this 2007 R12S. The original owner rode it 24,000 miles. It has Ohlins, 6 "rear wheel, heated grips & soft luggage. I'm looking forward to railing the asphalt in the NC Smoky Mountains. Off to DMV today for a plate!

PS - can someone recommend a side stand foot enlarger?
PPS - Are Helibars ever discounted?

TIA - #OTB

View attachment 66899
View attachment 66898

That is one beautiful bike. Have fun with it.

Stormy

My 06 RT on our first long spring ride of the year. Bought last Fall from Max BMW in NH. Nicknamed "Stormy" because I rode it home from Max' during the remnants of some tropical storm. :)Stormy.jpg

Michigan's Upper peninsula

September 2017 in Michigan's UP.
Exited my travel tent 1/2 hour before light and began the coffee process.:thumb
Just about light, and first few sips of a too strong too hot coffee, a cow moose vocalizes her opinion.
Her voice coming from down wind, I assumed a critique of my camp coffee.:violin20171006_090551.jpg

Rolling on the R12S

Rolling with on the weekly lunch ride of the Appalachian BMW Riders, Asheville, NC. Great folks & awsome roads!

There is no bad asphalt in Western North Carolina ;^)

The '07 R12S with full Ohlins does not disappoint. - Glenn M.

UPDATE: Sold & replaced with R9T Urban GS

BMWR12SMar3.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Froggy,
Did I see you in a city park in Mackinaw City over looking the Bridge last October?
Riding with your Son on a Triton Silver RT. Windy day for a bridge crossing...
Anyway, love that comment about me being upstanding even while sleeping. LOL:thumb

1e7798d2c2a3dd97d2d7ddc56d5f5188.jpg

First ride central Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Should Be Post #1000 in This Thread

Can't resist entering the 1000th post in this thread...

TuesdayFSRoad.JPG

My '06 GS, on the road (or was it actually a drainage ditch?) that did not go to Falling Spring in the Mark Twain National Forest.

Back