• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

I gotta' tell you, 4nbike, this picture I had to dwadle over. A really handsome piece of work. The shop is pretty shiny, too.

Ready for a ride

P6140126.jpg

Jeff,

Fine looking machine...but I'm biased. It is nearly exactly the same as mine. I don't have, yet, the aux lights, and I have mirrors added to the handle bars. Although I re-built the seat myself, it is much like yours in conformation.

I still have the stock wind screen.

I am quite pleased with mine.

Gary

What is the Seat?

Gary,

Yes the seat is a Sargent. I replaced the stock heated seats with Sargents before I sat on the bike. It would be nice to order the RT without seats but that was not possible.

Mike

Mike,

I never thought about ordering a bike with no seat. That would be a good idea. A good option. Something Beemer should consider.

Gary

Thanks, I am kind of a freak when it comes to my garage. I did the floor about 2 months ago with 2 part epoxy paint, the painting was the EZ part, it took me two days to get everything out of the garage and get the floor prepped to take the paint. Of course the real difficult part was explaining to my SO why she could not park her Lexus in the garage for 7 days. It came out nice and it seems to hold up well.
After many years of having more tools than room for them I sprung for one of the biggest Sears makes. Friend of mine is a Pro and has some Snap-on boxes that make this look like plastic, but for a home garage it is all I will ever need. I do have my share of Snap-on tools in there however. I love their stuff the prices will make your eye water though.

Just joined the BMWMOA group. Seems like a nice bunch. Here is my '05 R1200ST (bought in '06), put 23,500 kms or 14,600 miles in the last 2 season.

DSC00714cl.jpg

Last edited:
I need more weekends

2007 R1200st

Attachments

• jsa_ST.jpg
    jsa_ST.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,865
This is my 2005 RT with some Aussie gum trees in the background.
The mods I've added are:
Suburban bar risers
Sargent seats
Motolights
Hyperlights
Foam grips
'Connect2' Ipod adaptor
Migsel mount for Zumo
Touratech head protectors
Elf highway pegs

No problems so far - I love it!

Attachments