• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your hexhead.

HD to BMW

BWOLF - any road, performance, decibel or related thoughts to share about the move from the HD to the BMW ?

New to me '07 R1200R. 900 miles on it!

r1200r-2.JPG

Embarassed!

Wow - that is a beautiful image - clean and shining!

My R12R is an exact replica of yours but after riding it to NH last weeked in this New England Spring-Winter I can barely make out the color of mine. I guess I am now shamed into giving her a bath tomorrow (probably in the rain). When is the sun going to shine and warm our cockles?

wgabriel,
That's nice bike. BTW, you dwarf it, how tall are you (at first glance it looked like a 650)?
Cheers and keep the rubber down,
Rich
:usa

Dirtmerchant - Did you remove the yellow reflectors from the front fork legs? If so, how did you do it without scratching or gouging the legs?

2010 r1200rt

Taken with about 200 miles on it, March, 2011.

Attachments

• square bmw-1965.jpg
    square bmw-1965.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 903
Dirtmerchant - Did you remove the yellow reflectors from the front fork legs? If so, how did you do it without scratching or gouging the legs?

Yes, they have double sided tape holding them on, just pulled them off with fingers, no tools used. I removed the R1200RT stickers from the sides of the fairing too, I'm going for a less is more theme.

If they're persistent, warm the adhesive a little with a hair dryer and "saw" behind them with monofilament fishing line.

If they're persistent, warm the adhesive a little with a hair dryer and "saw" behind them with monofilament fishing line.

Or dental floss. I'll be doing something like that to remove the leftover adhesive from the reflector Ms Deer knocked off before putting the new reflector on the bike.

Where I live, the inspections are quite thorough and would probably reject a recent bike without front reflectors. :rolleyes

I was reject last year for having a license plate frame...no insert...just the frame! :dunno

I'd like to replace the red reflectors on the side cases too. The metal-looking BMW emblems shown in BMW's advertising look better to me. Evidently in Europe and the rest of the world none of those reflectors are required.

After wandering..

...through the HD catalogue the last few years I finally have my RT!

Attachments

• R1200RT - Copy.JPG
    R1200RT - Copy.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 879
Here's mine had her since August of '07, just recently joined the MOA

IMGP4908.jpg

She's only got a little over 7,000 miles on her, I suffer from MBS in a mdoerate form (4 others in the garagre right now) so none of my bikes get a ton of miles. This bike is however, the forever bike. I've bought and sold at least half a dozen since Beuhla here came home with me.

Back