• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Happy riding season '09, everybody.

3412503516_e796327d15_b.jpg

Oh, you're going to have to meet ChiTown sometime. Or check out some of his threads. Or just scroll up a little.
Welcome! :wave

A Hexhead knowing where it is going, can go, find a place to go, and still go home awaiting pull out of the garage with Garmin's new Zumo 660:

3517064640_666edff53c.jpg

My New GSA

Hello Everyone. I finally got my new GSA last Saturday and in keeping with the tradition here, I am posting my first picture tonight. Sorry it is not anything exciting as far as the picture goes. I went with the premium package, ESA and such. The bike has the BMW panniers and top box. I have my Zumo 550 mounted on it as well as the XM antenna. In addition to the stock seat, I purchased the low seat from a GS and the extra low seat from the R model (hope I have that right). So I have three seats. Being inseam challenged, the extra low seat fits me best (pretty much flat footed). The low GS seat is fine as long as I only want to be on my toes. The stock seat, well, then we're talking the need for a ladder.

I've only got about 370 miles on it as of tonight. I absolutely love it so far. And it feels great to finally actually have my first Beemer in the garage. Can't wait to take on its first little trip in July.

I have been a member of MOA since last fall and really enjoy reading the forums each day. Met Mandy this last weekend at Gateway BMW in St. Louis during the open house while I was picking up my new bike. Hope to get to meet some you in the future.

Attachments

• 1200GSA_1.jpg
    1200GSA_1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,227
2009 RT in Oak Creek Canyon

Our first 'real' ride on the bike.

Attachments

• Copy of OakCreekCanyon_1.JPG
    Copy of OakCreekCanyon_1.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,177
R1200rt

Loving it!

Attachments

• vp1016406_1_large.jpg
    vp1016406_1_large.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,403
Nice bike Riannacone.

Please fill in more information in your profile or sig so that people know who and what type of bike you have.

It helps alot when answering questions.

:thumb

Returning to the MOA after an 18 year absence. This is a picture of my 3 month old 2006 R1200RT on the way to Alaska (August 2006). Taken across the river from Teslin Lake YK. The bike survived the trip with a starting mileage of 2500 miles and at the end 10850 miles. It currently has 40 k on the odometer and is ready for Alaska this year once again.

I sprayed the vulnerable painted pieces with Griot's spray on bra for protection. The bike came home, I peeled the material off and no scratches at all:clap I will do the same on this upcoming ride.

Attachments

• Teslin LK525.jpg
    Teslin LK525.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,273
R1200 RT in NC

Late afternoon at the battleship North Carolina in Wilmington, NC

Attachments

• R1200RT at North Carolina.jpg
    R1200RT at North Carolina.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,215
2009 GSA. I kept the Garmin mount, FF50's, Centech, Throttlemeister and TT Zegas from the '05 standard GS. I had TKC's on the GS, but this one came with Karoos. Well, the first long trip I had a chance to take was for work in Arizona from Cali, and as much as I spiced it up with off the beaten path riding, I still had some deadlines, so mostly pavement. Oh well...Still had fun on 66 up to Oatman and some dirt roads around the desert. As far as the bike...love it! Killer machine.

578561323_tAaLx-XL.jpg

578560614_nZCE8-XL.jpg

578559757_cS7b8-XL.jpg

Back