• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Actually using Aperture, as I explained the my last post. :deal

Here's another for you, some winter camping in the Redwoods. :drink

L1035039-Version-2-XL.jpg

The point is the same.

The point is the same.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is. :scratch

I already posted exactly how I made this photo, before you felt the need to point out the obvious assumption I was using computer software to apply effects to my images.
This is the thread to post photos of hex head motorbikes, yes?
If you'd like to discuss my post processing technique's you can easily find some of my photos in the Photography Section to comment on, there it might be a more appropriate place to continue your interest in how I create B+W effected images. ;)

Thank you Ed! It was a peaceful night with the campground empty and a nice fire.

Hey roamingbeemer, is that photo of yours recent?
I keep hearing how you folks in Colorado aren't getting much snowfall this year.... bad for some people, but very good for me for spring time travel with my GS on routes that go over some passes that can stay closed till July due to snow. :dance

-Finn

Here's more from that recent short, cold, wet, and sweet camping trip up the coast. :usa

L1035040-Version-2-XL.jpg

DV-DAze-2012-626-Version-2-XL.jpg

If you want fire here, you'd better import dry wood and lots of it.... ;)

L1035371-Version-2-XL.jpg

maybe not mine anymore

From todays ride,we swapped bikes and if you notice the finger wave, it's her saying" You're not getting this back". :eek It's her birthday...but... it's happened before.

P2190015-L.jpg

Colorado

Hi Lostrider,

You asked if that picture in Colorado was recent. It was taken just a few days before that last snow storm which started on February 2nd. I was riding to the east of Colorado Springs on the many dirt roads available. The passes would be ice and cold. I had several days of highs near 60 degrees F while I was home in Colorado. I get back to Colorado only once every 2 months since I work overseas and I take advantage of any days above freezing and sunny. I was able to ride almost every day I was home in January. Nice Photos and I need to read up on some photography. I am getting interested now.

Mine, my 9 year old son on his first trip with dad.

Attachments

• R1200RT J6SDiversionSon.jpg
    R1200RT J6SDiversionSon.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 925
A Rare February Ride in Montana

But not as rare as they were in Fairbanks....... A few miles down the road from our place near Flesher Pass.

CanyonCreek22012.jpg

Got both the 1200s out today....... At a coffee shop.

R12R2012.jpg

But not as rare as they were in Fairbanks....... A few miles down the road from our place near Flesher Pass.

CanyonCreek22012.jpg

Got both the 1200s out today....... At a coffee shop.

R12R2012.jpg

WOW ... the "R" looks great with that fairing and bags! Nicely done !!:clap

2007 RT picture taken in Sept. 2011: just cleaned after I picked up in Ohio with only 1600 miles. Thanks Bobby! I added the Givi E55 and aux mirriors. Been riding all winter in NY! Just turned 5600 miles.

Attachments

• R1200RT_060.jpg
    R1200RT_060.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 822
2007 RT picture taken in Sept. 2011: just cleaned after I picked up in Ohio with only 1600 miles. Thanks Bobby! I added the Givi E55 and aux mirriors. Been riding all winter in NY! Just turned 5600 miles.

That year RT has always been really attractive to me. I just love the way the head nestles into the sidepanels. Great color too!

The bike ready to travel.

On the way to Arizona

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 824
New to Me in 2009

On the way back from picking up the bike in Raleigh. :)

Attachments

• NewBike 003a.jpg
    NewBike 003a.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 773
RT in Grey on Grey crossing mobile bay

Oh Yeah, beat this Picture..RT 09 at Ceder Key Florida

Attachments

• 11 15 11cajun 050.jpg
    11 15 11cajun 050.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 623
Showing my Camhead

Well I guess I should post a picture of the new with the old. Ordered the 2012 on 12/30/11 and it arrived in mid-March. I am still waiting for the topbox to be painted and have a Rick Mayer seat due about June 1. Color me gone in August & September. I'll post a new photo after I ride it somewhere decent.

Back