• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Mine on Her 1st Camping Trip

My first BMW and my first weekend camping off a motorcycle.

Attachments

• DSCN0368.jpg
    DSCN0368.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 888
Getting back into motorcycling and for my first ride it was one of my favorite rides: Ojai - Hwy 33 in SoCal USA

5011161565_34215d587c_z.jpg

5011162171_c8143c4278_z.jpg

Bob Bryant
Silver City, NM
"If life throws you a curve, lean into it!"

2005 BMW R1200RT (Present)
2004 Honda Shadow Saber 1100 (Present)

Hwy 33 is one of the best reasons for living in this area!!!

My '06 R1200RT (piled high...like a GS!)

I took this pic (edit: just east of Hope, Montana) on my way back from the national rally. I covered 6,997 miles over the course of my 2+ week adventure, including my first Iron Butt Association Saddle Sore ride enroute to the rally (from Cheyenne to Redmond) followed by my first Bun Burner ride (Billings to Dayton) on the way back to D.C. My trek included a side trip to Crater Lake and an excursion up to Vancouver, B.C. The twisties through the Canadian Rockies were exciting! The thing I credit most (besides the R1200RT being an -amazing- bike) was the aftermarket saddle...on one stretch, I stayed on the bike for 233 miles without any real discomfort. Not surprising, I happened to experience a kind of "withdrawal" when the ride was finished--I guess because being on the road proved to be such an exhilarating experience. I'm hooked and must go again soon! I have 27K miles on the clock...17K of those miles are mine, logged in the past 18 mos.

Attachments

• Montana Mountain Mit Mein Mount.jpg
    Montana Mountain Mit Mein Mount.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 852
Last edited:
'08 gsa

Just cleaning the mojo off a bit...Budds October GS Day
13firstbmwoct210.JPG

Thanks

...here is another where I was working on balance! Luckily no kids on the were playing on the teeter totter at that time....

Attachments

• 8bmw0ct210.JPG
    8bmw0ct210.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,050
IMG_0398.JPG

My first BMW...moving over from Harley-Davidson...2010 R1200RT. It's nice not to be scraping in the curves. :dance

Tank

4.5 extra gallons, good for 370 miles if I want. It has been great, getting out on the back roads thru the central/western states. I don't need to worry about a gas station or lack of. Now I can keep up with some friends with GS ADV now,and no gripes from them about stopping all the time!

Admiring a picture of your Hexhead

"Guessing no one here accepts Seasons Greetings, as the 12/2010 ON magazine and my message wish.

Merry Christmas, AZ! Perhaps most of us just admired your hexhead and moved on, thinking that the Season's Greetings/Happy Holidays/Happy Hanukkah/Merry Christmas thread was elsewhere....or they are all out shopping...

R1200s

Guessing no one here accepts Seasons Greetings, as the 12/2010 ON magazine and my message wish.

For the last 2 weeks my computer wallpaper has been someones R1200S (same color scheme as yours) parked along a road in the mountains with snow around it.

:wow When I saw the new magazine cover I thought - Oh good, BMW is making those again (I wish!)

I also have the original BMW poster of this bike hanging in my garage.

(Yes, I dream about motorcycles)

Out of Rivi?¿re-du-loup, on route 132 towards Quebec, alongside the Saint-Laurent. Great country. Great bike.

Attachments

• La-Malbaie-2.2.jpg
    La-Malbaie-2.2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 766
Smugglers' Notch (VT 108) near home

4.jpg

The GS sidecar rig in Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario last year.

SnakeCreek3.jpg

On the ferry crossing Lake Champlain on the way home from that trip

Ferry2NY4.jpg

My Ride.

I bought it from a Local Harley dealership. It was traded in. 2006 with only 9500 miles.
PA150070.jpg

BeemerwithMyK-9inthebackground.jpg

Happy Holidays!!!

Back