• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Out West

430762460_4Uirw-L.jpg

Added Touring Capacity to my R1200S

Now you see them:

3072569820_18ed7d8a0f_b.jpg

Now you don't:

3072570442_f5dabf11e5_b.jpg

Now you do, sort of:

3126335949_ba6115840d_o.jpg

09 R1200rt

The only modifications done to this motorcycle are stickers and painted rear part of front fender.

Attachments

• Picture 234.jpg
    Picture 234.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,367
Last edited:
Definitely has a unique sound to it and most certainy increased the horse power. It is the same pipe BMW Atlanta and California use in the endurance races therefore it really isnt intended for street use. I believe they are what Remus refers to as "one off's" for race teams.

Full titanium, eliminated a slew of wieght from the bike.

I think he was talking about the remus on the ST, either way i'm sure they both sound good. Heres my Hex Head

P1010518.jpg

Definitely has a unique sound to it and most certainy increased the horse power. It is the same pipe BMW Atlanta and California use in the endurance races therefore it really isnt intended for street use. I believe they are what Remus refers to as "one off's" for race teams.

Full titanium, eliminated a slew of wieght from the bike.

Hey Scottgp, your Remus got my attention too.
Looks like a straight exhaust with very little baffles.
I bet its loud, good in a way, but in my old age I prefer to go stealth and I rarely go over 60 (in corners ;) ).

You know, it really isnt that loud if your not in the throttle too heavily. Its been a great bike over the past 2 years that I have owned it however as I get older, I am looking for something with a little more practicle use to it. I am looking to sell the R1200S and possibly pick up a Yamaha FJR1300 or a BMW R1200GS. Most of my venturing is on pavement therefore I am leaning towards the Yamaha a bit more unless someone can steer me towards the BMW. I have not test ridden either of my selections, that is next..............

On the Haul road North of the Brooks range

Now here's a dirty 2006 R1200RT

Attachments

• P1000358.jpg
    P1000358.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,490
Back