• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Crash bars/cylinder & case protection for R1200Rt

The RT-P does have an oil cooler fan. I've seen them at the dealer here. I know someone on the XPLOR site had the fan added to his RT. He said it was not cheap. Someone else wired in a computer type box fan. It will eventually fail due to rain water but the fans are cheap. That's what I've heard reading on that site.

Robo

for now, I have the plastic ones. Better than nothing, I say.

protect_head.jpg
protect_bag.jpg

Here is the overall look with my Cheap-O JC Whitney trunk:
trunk_left.jpg

Do those mount w/tape or can you remove them? Those are the ones I have seen painted before, I would leave them like they came since they do catch the ding causing rocks

BTW, like the Red/Granite Grey of your bike:thumb the trunk looks like a GIVI model

the bag protectors are mounted with stickey foam tape. The head protectors bolt on but you have to remove a lot of tupperware.

Re: height challenge

Glenn;
I have a short inseam and coming from a 68 Triumph to
an 06 R12RT I understand. After talking to the DPS guys
here in Arizona I got a couple of tips.
1-If your are going to make a u-turn, you slow down prior
to the turn or as they say you will be one footin it and down
you go. The DPS guy has dumped his twice and he is 5'8".
2- When you stop put only your left foot down. It's a little
different if your used to having both feet flat on the ground.

I found it helped when I got some new boots that raised
my height about 3/4". Practice making u-turns inside of 18" about the spacing of two parking spaces in a parking lot.

Good luck,
Bill

Back