• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I'm Going To Buy A 1200gs Need Advice

lost the fire?

Maybe you really love your 1100 and simply have an itch some something new? Spring is a bad time - you end up looking at all the new stuff out there and start jones'n for it.
It's like being in a 20 year marriage and now you go on a beach vacation ...whoa!

Perhaps you should stick with what has been a great bike and avoid the costs involved?

That in mind, first impressions are tough to draw accurate conclusions. Most of my riding years have been on K75s. Everytime I got on a boxer I hated them. The K was sooo smooth and what I was used to. Then I took a trip to New Zealand last year and rented a R1200GS for a week. I rode 2 up with my wife, fully loaded with luggage, and THAT bike sold me. Unbelievable experience!
It took a full week of riding this boxer to realize and appreciate it's "personality". I've come tp appreciate the throaty grumble, and the torque is exhilerating! Plus, I enjoy the option to go basically anywhere I want- pavement or dirt.
I still miss the smoothness of my K and everytime I hear that distinctive sound in the distance I think "K bike". Someday I'll have 2 bikes in the stable....

Back