Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: More HP for a K75 (& K100)

I don't usually use SeaFoam, although I have in the past. Rislone in the crankcase and Marvel Mystery oil in the gas on occasion. What seemed to really loosen it up was cruising for 2 hours on the freeway at a safe and sane 75-80 mph (as clocked by the slightly optimistic speedo) with bursts up to 90 mph to get around the semis' buffeting in the Western New Mexico wind.

Dang it was running good. Can't get that in a bottle.

DENNIE
    Quote Originally Posted by bprigge View Post
    Does anybody know what the Ford injector flow rating is and how it compares to the stock BMW injectors? I'm a small block Ford enthusiast and know that there is often more power available by increasing the injector size (flow rating) and also sometimes by decreasing the injector size, all of it depending upon other engine mods. Bruce
    try here: http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm

DENNIE
    Quote Originally Posted by breyfogle View Post
    I recently had my stock injectors off for professional cleaning. They were returned with new O-rings top and bottom. The fit was VERY tight, more so the top than the bottom. I was a bit worried that the new O-rings would not seat properly because hand pressure was not enough to fully seat the fuel rail. Tightening up the fuel rail hold down bolts snugged everything up OK however.
    probably the wrong o-rings order them online from as cycles or maxbmw, there cheap and the correct size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennie View Post
    probably the wrong o-rings order them online from as cycles or maxbmw, there cheap and the correct size.
    My o-rings were also VERY snug when I got my injectors back from the shop. Had to use the fuel rail hold down bolts to seat them correctly.
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....

My new injectors were very snug as well. So much so that when I kept trying to insert #3, the #1 injector would pop out. I took a hammer and tapped the rail in while keeping a folded rag in between the hammer and the rail. Just tightening the bolts did NOT cause the injectors to be seated.

A bit of engine oil smeared on the O-rings will allow them to seat much easier.
    Don Eilenberger http://www.eilenberger.net
    Spring Lk Heights NJ NJ Shore BMW Riders
    '12 R1200R - I love this bike!

My Ford injector experience from the past...
    http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=5801
    Stephen Burns - 2007 R1200GS
    BMW MOA Lifetime Member
    www.burnsmoto.com GS911 WIFI BMW Motorcycle Diagnostic Tool

Quote Originally Posted by deilenberger View Post
    A bit of engine oil smeared on the O-rings will allow them to seat much easier.

Yeah, I read that tip after my install was done. Is the oil there only to aid in installation or are there other benefits to it? If so I will consider repeating the process in order to oil up the rings.