• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

volunteers for 2004 rally GS rides

goodwrench

Hand crafted
I'm a co-chair on the GS rides committee for the Spokane rally and we had our first meeting last night. We are planning several great rides for you adventure riders! We will be having rides thurs, fri. and Sat. with half day and all day rides to accommodate people. We have a lot of beautiful country out here and great forest service roads. We are raising the bar on Rally GS rides. By this I mean not in degree of dificulty but in promoting the sport, getting newcomers involved and being organized, so expect great things. We are looking for local riders to help out with the logistics of it. Drop me a line if you are interested in helping out. There are more exciting things in the planning stages that we will announce later!:clap

Attachments

• sunday ride.jpg
    sunday ride.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
I just cross posted this to the AdvRider forum, so I'd bet you start to get some responses. Excellent effort! :thumb

I be there

But Hopefully I will have a Vendor space to attend(If the person In charge ever respond to me) but if is only for a few hours I can give you a hand..I'm sure many more ADVriders will be there to lend a hand

KBasa said:
I just cross posted this to the AdvRider forum, so I'd bet you start to get some responses. Excellent effort! :thumb

Thanks for doing that. What part did you put it under? I put one in the upcoming events forum.

Eric Blume said:
I can volunteer as long as certian ADVRiders are not there.
Do you have a list so far of the riders and their silly names?

Maybe we should put their names on the liability release as a special liability?

Eric Blume said:

Now. Now. Play nice. Even if they haven't been nice to you, nows the time to rise above it and prove them wrong by showing them some good roads and good riding.

Ok. Back to the subject at hand:
Any other volunteers? I'll be on my GS and looking for some good roads and good riding (imagine that!). I'm a dirt newb, so treat me nice. Nice = not so hairy that I break anything important, but not so hairy that I don't worry that it might happen (doesn't mean much for this pavement jockey).

With a little luck our beloved kbasa will be on an R12GS. He'll be like a babe again...
dave.jpg

knary said:
With a little luck our beloved kbasa will be on an R12GS. He'll be like a babe again...
dave.jpg

Yikes. Yeah, it looks like the S bike will sell pretty soon, so when that happens, the hexhead GS is not far behind.

I'm scairt, pa. What do you do with that dirt stuff?

Eric Blume said:
Do you have a list so far of the riders and their silly names?

Eric i sure hope i'm not one of them..

by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real riders from the one that just talk about it...

I hope i see you again soon,for sure i miss you company around the asilum

ricardo kuhn said:
by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real riders from the one that just talk about it..

Hey now.

Dirt is the barrier that separates those the like riding in the dirt from those that don't. Some of the best/smoothest street riders I know have no real interest in wandering off pavement.

knary said:
Hey now.

Dirt is the barrier that separates those the like riding in the dirt from those that don't. Some of the best/smoothest street riders I know have no real interest in wandering off pavement.

Upppss

Was sopose to read

"by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real DIRT riders from the one that just talk about it.."

Sorry I was thinking about all the TKC 80 guys that never touch the dirt,but love the "look" the tyres give to the bike...

sorry about that

ricardo kuhn said:
Upppss

Was sopose to read

"by the way i found out the the dirt is the ultimate barrior that devide the real DIRT riders from the one that just talk about it.."

Sorry I was thinking about all the TKC 80 guys that never touch the dirt,but love the "look" the tyres give to the bike...

sorry about that

:D No worries.

Hi;
Read about this on the AdvRider site and would be happy to help with dual sport rides or even local pavement rides. Not a racer type, just a slow old fart on a 950 KTM who likes to explore.
airhead Bruce

Back