• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pennsylvania to the Rally

R

RTNewbie

Any one traveling from Pennsylvania to the rally on the 10th and returning on the 16th? I would like some riding partners.

I'm leaving on the 9th from the Philly area so I can get to Joliet, IL. I'm working Mon, Tue, Wed there and riding out to the Rally Thursday morning.
I figured I would ride 400-500 miles a day (Saturday, Sunday) to get there.

Where are you located, If you're in Western PA, I can pick you up along the way. I was probably going to find a motel just passed the PA Border somewhere to bunk down for the night and continue on the 10th.

Last edited:
I will be leaving from the Buffalo, NY area the morning of the 10th, travelling through PA and well into Ohio that day. I plan on skirting Chicago area well south on Rt. 24 in Indiana. Have no firm plans on where to stop for the night. If all goes well, can arrive at rally site later in the day on Wed. but actually I'll just be winging it. Won't mind hooking up for all or part of the trip.

2004 R 1150 RT

Leaving from Philly area on the 10th, and riding through Canada and taking the Lake Express ferry on the afternoon of the 11th. Picking up some of the NYC area buds near Scranton or Easton with one sleepover in Western Ontario.

Riding home by US highways direct on the 15th-16th.

Herb

I posted incorrectly in my previous post. I'm actually leaving on the 7th which is a Saturday. Arriving in IL on the 8th. Working 9th,10th and 11th from a IL work location and riding into the rally on the 12th.

Any one traveling from Pennsylvania to the rally on the 10th and returning on the 16th? I would like some riding partners.

Where in PA? I'll be leaving Mechanicsburg (Near Harrisburg) on Tuesday the 10th. Don't have route finalized yet but I am going to try to avoid highways when it isn't too out of the way. Will probably take the Turnpike till I get close to Pittsburg then hit 30. Debating on if I should try to go around Chicago or not. Anyway, let me know. My fellow clubmembers are taking the ferry and I am to cheap to spend the bucks on it so I won't be traveling with them.

From Ohio, leaving on the 10th. Returning on the 15th.

Would enjoy the company.

What route will you be taking? I am planning to ride I90 to wetern Michigan then Route 31 North to the Upper Penninsula. I'll probably camp near Traverse city tuesday night.

This is roughly our route given the Zumo is alive and well: ;)

303 to 20
20 to 23
23 to 50
50 to Jackson

We have an overnight in Jackson then on to the ferry in the morning.

Welcome anyone willing to join.

leaving the 9th NYC

we are leaving the morning of the 9th, going by the Thousand Islands, taking the route over Lake Huron and coming back over the Big Mac Bridge, then the Badger ferry over on the morning of the 12th. Heading back on the 6 am ferry sunday, stop somewhere on Sunday night and riding in Monday.

leaving the 9th CT

we are leaving the morning of the 9th, going by the Thousand Islands, taking the route over Lake Huron and coming back over the Big Mac Bridge, then the Badger ferry over on the morning of the 12th. Heading back on the 6 am ferry sunday, stop somewhere on Sunday night and riding in Monday.

I decided to travel through Michigan and take the Mackinac bridge. I'll then swing around Lake Michigan head back south to the Rally.
I would like to do a combination of highway and more scenic roads so I can both make fairly good time and get a feel for the area. Any good roads that basically parallel RT75?

Still looking for riding partners - my buddy highsided his K75S a few weeks ago and neither he nor his bike are in good enough shape to go to the Rally.

I will be traveling from Lebanon Pa on Tuesday afternoon stopping in Ohio Tuesday night heading to Ill.for Wednesday staying @ a friends houseand at west bend Thursday morning.

Back