• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R100S Website

Murph,
Looks like your enjoying the fruits of your labor. Thanks for your kind words about me :thumb. I am just learning here, and like to help as much as I can. I will be interested in your next project (break job) since I will basically have to do the same. Work is going slow on the bike, since I have to catch up on the other jobs I have started, bamboo floor, koi pond upgrade, not to mention school the AF...etc. I believe I will have the bike down to its frame by fall and start putting her together in winter (if I don't deploy). Keep up the great web site, and I do agree with your quote about joining this club as being one of the best things about being a BMW owner. :brad

Murph,
Looks like your enjoying the fruits of your labor. Thanks for your kind words about me :thumb. I am just learning here, and like to help as much as I can. I will be interested in your next project (break job) since I will basically have to do the same. Work is going slow on the bike, since I have to catch up on the other jobs I have started, bamboo floor, koi pond upgrade, not to mention school the AF...etc. I believe I will have the bike down to its frame by fall and start putting her together in winter (if I don't deploy). Keep up the great web site, and I do agree with your quote about joining this club as being one of the best things about being a BMW owner. :brad

:drink Here's one to NOT deploying! We've got to ride together this fall!
Murph

Thanks for the helpful pictures. Exploded drawings are good, but seeing the real thing is better.

I wish I had wood floors in my garage!

I wish I had wood floors in my garage!

Yeah... I'm kind of weird that way. But remember - I built this as a detached from the house "Office". It just kind of turned into my shop over time. :laugh I found that I could practically drain an entire crankcase onto this Pergo Synthetic Wood Floor and nothing happen. Justs wipes right up. And it's practically indestructable. I've dropped Torque wrenches from 4 feet and not even a scratch.
Murph

Yeah... I'm kind of weird that way. But remember - I built this as a detached from the house "Office". It just kind of turned into my shop over time. :laugh I found that I could practically drain an entire crankcase onto this Pergo Synthetic Wood Floor and nothing happen. Justs wipes right up. And it's practically indestructable. I've dropped Torque wrenches from 4 feet and not even a scratch.
Murph

I'd be more worried for the torque wrench, since it might be out of calibration...but it also depends if you have those fancy shmancy wrenches...;)

I'd be more worried for the torque wrench, since it might be out of calibration...but it also depends if you have those fancy shmancy wrenches...;)

Rui - I think we're alot alike. I took the wrench into our Oil Terminal's test lab and had them test it up to 140 lbs. It was within 1 lb over 110 lbs, and accurate up to there. Fancy? No.... Just an old school Craftsman.:thumb
Murph

Rui - I think we're alot alike. I took the wrench into our Oil Terminal's test lab and had them test it up to 140 lbs. It was within 1 lb over 110 lbs, and accurate up to there. Fancy? No.... Just an old school Craftsman.:thumb
Murph

Well you know, they say great minds think alike. The saga continues with a leaky oil pan...:laugh . Well it's a labor of love...Serenity eh? I bet Serenity wasn't on your mind when you got pulled over and told you had little puffs of smoke...why not call her Puff the Magic BMW? I'm having my own problems with the throttle wires and such...and this 104 F weather is not helping at all. Press on brother Murphy, press on.

The best thing you can do is NOT replace the rear drum brake with a rear disc brake.

Kent - As I'm now in the process of gathering parts and info to do a major brake renovation, I'd like to know your thoughts on this issue. Why would you say this? Thanks for helping an Airhead "Nube".
Murph

Back