• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rustic Road Patch

J,

I had another 2 interested riders from the Chromeheads group. I believe that's a total of 6 from my side.

I'll put the question out to them regarding which day they wanted to go on.

I do have to say that once the Rally is under way, there's going to be a lot of bikes on those little roads. Probably some riding tips are in order as well.

Friday (5 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen

Saturday (1 Bike)
Beemokat

???
Clowry (2 bikes)
Dougc (2 bikes)
Rodgtc
Koinz (6 bikes)

The bulk of the roads are a ways from the rally site so I think we'll be ok in terms of competing with a horde of other bikes. I assume that all have ridden in a group before but I had intended on a SHORT review of the route and group riding techniques before we leave. Frankly the toughest part of these rides is keeping the group together so we'll be travelling at a reasonable speed, sorry if you thought we'd just scream down some of these country roads. Anyway, well talk about it before the ride.

Friday (7 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2

Saturday (2 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc

???
Clowry (2 bikes)
Koinz (6 bikes) <------- Saturday???

Friday (8 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman

Saturday (2 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc

???
Clowry (2 bikes)

Friday (10 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
BoxerGirl's less fortunate friend who rides a Harley :doh

Saturday (2 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc

???
Clowry (2 bikes)

Koinz if you and your group still want to tag along its going to have to be Saturday unless I can find someone to lead another ride on Friday.

Because I find it difficult to say no (ladies please remember that :) ) I'm attempting to find someone to lead a second Friday Rustic Road run. I'll keep you informed if I find someone. In the meantime if any of you local riders are interested in leading a second Friday run pm me.

Koinz if you and your group still want to tag along its going to have to be Saturday unless I can find someone to lead another ride on Friday.

I will convey the message through the Chromeheads forum. We (as a group) are meeting on Thursday at 5:00 PM to discuss our plans.

J,

Hold the 6 positions for Saturday for the Chromeheads group. I think we were anticipating the Friday Ride, but we'll work around that. Were you also planning on making the route available for independant riders?

J,

Hold the 6 positions for Saturday for the Chromeheads group. I think we were anticipating the Friday Ride, but we'll work around that. Were you also planning on making the route available for independant riders?

Yes. I'll eventually post the route so that you can the the trip on your own. I'll hold the 6 positions for Saturday and if I can find a a person to lead a second Friday run, I'll let you know so you can move it up if you'd like.

Friday (10 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl

Saturday (8 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6

???
Clowry (2 bikes)
dpeace

dpeace you need to let me know your preference, Friday or Saturday. Looking at startting at around 8-8:30am hope to be back by 1-2pm. No interstates, some state highways and as many back roads as I can find.

Friday (10 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
dpeace

Saturday (8 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6

???
Clowry (2 bikes)

Friday (11 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
dpeace

Saturday (8 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6

???

Last edited:
Just to wet your appetite...

... here are the first two stops on our trip. More pic and a full route description by Sunday PM. Apparently I have not figured out how to add multiple pics to a post see next pic for the next rustic road.

Attachments

• MOA-Rustic-Road-10.jpg
    MOA-Rustic-Road-10.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Rustic Road 86

That right turn is the begining of a really nice stretch of country roads

Attachments

• MOA-Rustic-Road-86.jpg
    MOA-Rustic-Road-86.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 146
rustic ride

count me in we will be up on weds night. so anytime will work for me!!!!!!

Back