• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rustic Road Patch

Friday (12 bikes) ----> Closed
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
BoxerGirl's less fortunate friend who rides a Harley :doh
dpeace
pdaye

Saturday (8 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6

J,
I hope the advriders don't mind, but a rider has posted some tracks that might be helpful. The attached is the one for the South east. There are others here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228886

I had to rename the extension to txt so that I can post it here, so You'll need to save this back to your computer and rename the extension to GPX. You can then import it into your Mapping program.

Attachments

• Patch No IL.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 23
Couple of things:

The good news... K75Mark may be willing to lead a second ride Friday or Saturday. He rode with my wife and I today and has expressed an interest. I'll keep you informed.

The bad news... not going to post the route just yet. Ran it from start to finish in what I can only describe as hellacious humidity. A couple of things became apparent during this run. 1) The Rustic Road 2 sign (which is where the picture needs to be taken) is in, IMO, a very dangerous spot, I'm going to have to either find another location or scratch RR2 and redo that portion of the Route. 2) I used a mapping program (Streets and Trips) to lay out the route. The route works but I have to see if there is a more efficient way to do this. Left West Bend at about 11:30am and finished up around 3:30pm add another hour getting back to West Bend and we have a 5 hour ride not including gas, bathroom and hydration stops. Call it 6 hours (that length of a ride is going to require a lunch stop - call it an hour - so 7 hours) So, this week, I'll run some parts of the route again to see if I can make them a little more efficient. If I can't, it looks like we leave at 8:30am from the front entrance of the Pavillion and you can expect to be back sometime between 3-4pm.

Sue, when are the DOT people LEAVING on Friday?

That's my report for today. K75Mark and I will be running some portions of the route again during the week and I'll keep you posted.

Jack

Ron Thompson and Brab Ofstie will on grounds and in Hospitality probably until 5 PM. However --- if they know you are coming back with a group riders, I have a hunch Ron will stick around. As a BMW MOA member, he was planning to come to the rally anyway.....

Sue

Ron Thompson and Brab Ofstie will on grounds and in Hospitality probably until 5 PM. However --- if they know you are coming back with a group riders, I have a hunch Ron will stick around. As a BMW MOA member, he was planning to come to the rally anyway.....

Sue

Sue,

Just to avoid any misunderstandings with the DOT people. I will have a digital camera with the images loaded in memory. I will not have the means to print a photo at the rally. Are they just going to look at the images in playback mode, will they download the images into their computers or will they require a print (which is not going to be possible on that day)? I'm sure the Friday riders want the instant gratification of the patch, the Saturday riders will obviously have to wait until I go through normal channels to get them the patch.

Jack

2 bits of news.

1) K75Mark has agreed to lead a second ride on Friday. So we have room for 12 more.

2) Finished the RR route w/ Mark today... will post the route tomorrow night.

J / Mark

I would like a spot on Fri's 2nd ride with Mark... Thanks guy's!

Friday Ride I (12 bikes) ----> Closed
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
BoxerGirl's less fortunate friend who rides a Harley :stick
dpeace
pdaye

Friday Ride II (1 Bike)
04r1150r

Saturday (9 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6
lbrackr756

FYI on Friday Mark and I will split the group in half so that means that if we have 20 bikes we'll pull 2 off the first ride and add them to the second ride. The rides will leave 15 minutes to half hour appart so we don't bunch up at the signs. Will post the route later tonight.

Jack

Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
BoxerGirl's less fortunate friend who rides a Harley
dpeace
pdaye

Friday Ride II (2 Bikes)
04r1150r
womanridge

Saturday (9 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6
lbrackr756

Rustic Road Ride

I'd like to participate in the Fri ride if space remains available.

Cal Miller
2005 R1150RT

Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp
Rebgen
Dougc
Dougc2
Lawman
BoxerGirl
BoxerGirl's less fortunate friend who rides a Harley
dpeace
pdaye

Friday Ride II (6 Bikes)
04r1150r
womanridge
mvscorpio
jcpuckett
Rojerj
calmil

Saturday (9 Bikes)
Beemokat
rodgtc
Koinz
Koinz2
Koinz3
Koinz4
Koinz5
Koinz6
lbrackr756

Proof requirements for Rustic Road Patch?

JCabranes, what proof does the WI DOT require for the Rustic Road Patch. I guess digital pictures are OK. Will we have to put them on Cd's or e-mail the Pic's too there office? I had intentions to ride the RR Roads before the rally.

JCabranes, what proof does the WI DOT require for the Rustic Road Patch. I guess digital pictures are OK. Will we have to put them on Cd's or e-mail the Pic's too there office? I had intentions to ride the RR Roads before the rally.

Generally, they require a photograph digital or otherwise. I'm trying to figure out what they will require to give the patches to the Friday riders. I'll bring my laptop and burn a CD for them or e-mail the pics to them if they'll permit that. If they want an actual photo that will be a problem. I posted the question to Sue but she either hasn't seen it or doesn't yet have an answer. I'll stay on it an get back to you. BTW, if you're going to be here the weekend before the rally feel free to join me on the final pre-ride.

Last edited:
As promised, the Route

From the Rally site take County Hwy P South to State Hwy 60

at State Hwy 60 turn right to County Hwy K

at County Hwy K turn left to Hall Road

at Hall Road turn right (south as K will veer east) to County Hwy E

at County Highway E turn right to State Hwy 83

at State Hwy 83 turn left to State Hwy 16

at State Hwy 16 turn right onto west onramp (towards Oconomowoc) to County Hwy P (Sawyer Road)

at County Hwy P (Sawyer Rd) and State Hwy 16 turn left onto County P (Sawyer Road) to County Hwy B

at County Hwy B turn left and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue east on County Hwy B for approx 100 yards and make u-turn at Rogers Memorial Hospital return to County Hwy P (Sawyer Road)

at County Hwy P turn left to State Hwy 18

at State Hwy 18 turn left to Waterville Road

at Waterville Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue south on Waterville Road to County Hwy C and cross Hwy C straight onto Town Road G

contunue south on Town Road G to County Hwy ZZ

at County Hwy ZZ turn left to County Hwy E

at County Hwy E turn right to County Hwy EE

take County EE (you can only go left from County Hwy E) (east) to County Hwy NN

at County Hwy NN turn left to State Hwy 83

at State Hwy 83 turn right to Maple Road

at Maple Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

Continue on Maple Road to County Hwy D (Washington Ave)

at County Hwy D turn left to Oak Knoll Road

at Oak Knoll Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

Continue on Oak Knoll Road to County Hwy DD

at County Hwy DD turn Left to stop sign and turn right onto County DD (yes same road)

veer right onto Kearney Road and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue on Kearney Road to Potter Road

at Potter Road turn Left to County Hwy DD

at County Hwy DD turn Left and continue straight onto County Hwy FF to Maple Road

at Maple Road turn right to Honey Lake Road

at Honey Lake Road veer left onto Honey Lake Road and follow Honey Lake Road (becomes Grove Street) to State Hwys 83/36

at State Hwys 83/36 turn right to Bridge Street (State Hwy 83)

at Bridge Street (State Hwy 83) turn left and stay on Bridge Street (Hwy 83 will split off to the right) to Jefferson Street

at Jefferson Street turn left to Main Street

at Main Street turn right and continue on Main Street (becomes State Hwy 142) to Brever Road

at Brever Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue on Brever Road to Hoosier Creek Road

at Hoosier Creek Road (which will become Wheatland Road) turn left to State Hwy 142 (Bushnell Road)

at State Hwy 142 (Bushnell Road) turn right to County Hwy B

at County Hwy B turn left and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue on County Hwy B to County Hwy BB

at County Hwy BB turn right to State Hwy 75 (aka 248th Ave)

at State Hwy 75 turn left to State Hwy 20

at State Hwy 20 turn right to Colony Avenue

at Colony Avenue turn left (Colony Avenue becomes 108th Street) to 3 Mile Road

at 3 Mile Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue on 3 Mile Road to County Hwy U (aka 80th Street)

at County Hwy U turn left to County Hwy K (aka 4 Mile Road)

at County Hwy K turn left to Hillcrest Road

at Hillcrest Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

continue on Hillcrest Road to Kramer Road

at Kramer Road turn left to Division Road

at Division Road turn left to County Hwy K (Apple Road)

at County Hwy K (Apple Road) turn right to State Hwy 164 (County Hwy K will end at State Hwy 36, on the other side of State Hwy 36 State Hwy 164 will pick up where K ends)

continue on State Hwy 164 to Loomis Road

at Loomis Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

That's your 10th photo, make your way back to the rally. The fastest way is to get back on State 164 to I-43 take I-43 North which will eventually turn into US 41 which will turn into US 45 and take you to Hwy 60 and then to County P and back to the rally site.

For a more scenic return to the rally either join the ride or pm me.

Last edited:
Back