• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

wristband Q

the Wizard of Oz
I have to leave the rallye-site thursday p.m. to go to work and then want to return to the rallye about midnight. Same thing Friday. Problem is I can't wear my rally wristband at work. If I cut it off, aren't my gooses cooked? Or should I just scotch tape it back together and count on the gate person not noticeing? (kidding, Sue)

What's my solution?

Thanx.

Get your priorities in line. Work shouldn't interfere with your primary mission. :D

abducted by aliens

You're right! What was I thinking?!!:doh I must've sobered up there for a minute... I quit! Take this 401K and shove it!

I'll be there early Tuesday through the following Monday.

may the BMW Gods forgive me.:bikes

Will they not let you wear your wristband at work because the beer tent there uses the same color?

dont't ask , don't ask policy

....not exactly. It's more that too many of the guys I work with would be jealous of the colorful fashion statement:brow

Have 'em put the wrist band on a bit loose, and slide it up you arm far enough that it wont be visible under a shirt sleeve. Then put a nice bandage around it to hold it in place?

Or just put a gauze bandage in place an see if you get any sympathy for the wound?

Assuming your line of work allows you to remain clothed, that might solve your problem. If not - I'm outta ideas...

Wwmfd

Tell 'em it's a religious statement....WWMFD (what would Max Friz Do?)

Mac
Mac, E.Schwab here in the Quad Cities are you going to this years rally if so PM me so I can try to find you would love to catch up with you over a cold brew at the garden. Does a man of your lofty stature camp at rallies. You have to see me latest ride

Eric,
Yes, I'm planning to be there. If you read your MOA News carefully, looking for the very fine print, you'll note I'm doing the MC-ing for the Sat. night ceremonies.
The only fly in this ointment may be that I found out yesterday that an old friend and riding buddy has stage four cancer and is terminal. What happens with him may affect my rally participation.

Mac

Mac, I've been told that I have a great voice (and I've done some amateur acting and announcing) so as long as I have a script or at least an outline of things, I can sub for you. But I hope that nobody has to; got my fingers crossed for your friend.

Eric,
Yes, I'm planning to be there. If you read your MOA News carefully, looking for the very fine print, you'll note I'm doing the MC-ing for the Sat. night ceremonies.
The only fly in this ointment may be that I found out yesterday that an old friend and riding buddy has stage four cancer and is terminal. What happens with him may affect my rally participation.

Mac
Mac I so hope to see you up there I will be getting there Friday midday. Bummer about the friend we both know about cancer and riding buddys with it....On a lighter note would you do the MC part if you do get to in a jacket, Tie and boxers only, as I am sure you reported peoria's news to them many times over the years in that outfit it would be a riot ....Eric

Back