Thread: 93 K75s Brake issue

93 K75s Brake issue

I have the centre brake light coming on on the dash periodically while driving and as soon as I apply either brake front or rear the light goes off. It has ABS which works fine, have checked fluid levels, ok, no fluid leaks, fluid was changed last season and pads are new.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Alan

rspink
    That console light is suppose to indicate a brake light failure.

Bad light connection?

Have you checked the brake bulb?
    Is there any corrosion on the contacts or in the bulb socket causing some resistance?

mrich12000

Talking a little light

This is the bulb checking system testing the lights. To turn it off just apply the front and rear brakes (gently) it is a safety function with the ABS system
    If it stays on check to see if the rear brake lamp is working if not then eather the bulb is hopefully blown. or your into that really expensive bulb moitoring electronics.

Michael
    On the Ganaraska Trail

Rally Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by 118933 View Post
    I have the centre brake light coming on on the dash periodically while driving and as soon as I apply either brake front or rear the light goes off. It has ABS which works fine, have checked fluid levels, ok, no fluid leaks, fluid was changed last season and pads are new.

Any Ideas?

Thanks Alan
    On mine I've had issues where the light won't go out when I use the front brake, I bought some electrical contact cleaner and cleaned the lever switch and it's been good since. The switches could be something to consider.

JQ

Brake light fixed

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It turned out to be an intermittent filament in the brake light bulb. I guess it is always best to look for the easy stuff first...

Thanks Again

K Bikes Complex by Choice cjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 118933 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It turned out to be an intermittent filament in the brake light bulb. I guess it is always best to look for the easy stuff first...

Thanks Again
    Seen that before. When you start the bike, the lamp comes on ABS or not. Then it basically tests the brake light and the two brake switches when you operate front and rear brake lever, and goes out. Hopefully. It also lights up if you lose a tail light bulb or brake light bulb and stays on...unless the filament is intermittent...then it goes out...on...out...etc. So looking there is the place to start.
    R1200GS LC Rallye
    Jack Hawley MOA and RA #224, KE9UW ("Chuck")