• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post your mug

Somewhere between...

Bakersfield and Death Valley this picture was taken. Actually, this is a self-portrait in Onyx off Hwy 178 on the way to the Death Valley rally...

A good time was had...

I think Kbasa and Knary may have passed me on I-5 just south of the Gilroy exit on the way home come to think of it...I think I recognized Kbasa's helmet from his mug post...

Attachments

• mvc-016s.jpg
    mvc-016s.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,074
Re: Damn - we're all a bunch of old guys!

oldcarkook said:
What an eye opener to see all these faces! Are there any members that are not baby boomers here?

Not a baby boomer. I also refuse to grow up.

Re: Damn - we're all a bunch of old guys!

oldcarkook said:
What an eye opener to see all these faces! Are there any members that are not baby boomers here?

Fish - take the hat and sunglasses off - you're scarin' my kids!

Rick - put the hat and sunglasses back on - you're scarin' my kids!

Scott - I think you missed a big section under your chin shaving before the photo. PS-Your t-shirt (red skull eyes) is WICKED PISSER. (that's Bostonese for "we like it!")

Rev Willie - your t-shirt is excellent too.

It sure is nice to see all your smiling faces. This is a good thread and thanks to Kbasa for starting it. By the way, where is Kbasa's smiling mug? I see glasses and a partial nose???

:D

The shirt is from the Vortex, a mini-chain of bar/burger joints in Atlanta. Very good burgers - my favorite, not surprisingly, is the Big Jerk. In one of their 2 or 3 locations they had an old /2 mounted on a dividing wall.

Old? I'm the child of baby-boomers and an ever ripening 32 years old (aka barely out of diapers).:brow

Kbasa...

2142781-M.jpg

At 35 I'm not boomer either (check the two pics of me scattered about the forum at present).

I've also passed The Point at L5P many many times but have yet to go in despite seeing cool Beemers parked outside. Trouble is I live 800 miles from it and my time in Atlanta is always precious. I've seen a blue Airhead outside a few times and somebody once told me who owned it but I forget now. Damn.

Re: Somewhere between...

crvalley said:
Bakersfield and Death Valley this picture was taken. Actually, this is a self-portrait in Onyx off Hwy 178 on the way to the Death Valley rally...

A good time was had...

I think Kbasa and Knary may have passed me on I-5 just south of the Gilroy exit on the way home come to think of it...I think I recognized Kbasa's helmet from his mug post...

That was you?!! Awesome! Actually, it was me and a guy named Mark (troutski over on AdvRider).

I think when we caught you we were in full on Get Home Now mode. We'd spent most of the day riding with DarrylRi and Steve Woodward.

Get Home Now...

Kbasa,

You are correct, I was on Get Home Now (GHN) mode, but stopped along the next rest area soon after you passed me to take a breather from the wind gusts, tailgaters, and commercial vehicles...

The attitude adjustment helped for the remainder of my trip to San Mateo, though...

On the trip to DV, I was able to hook up with two GS riders and another guy on a K12RS, but lost them in the fog near the Hwy 46 exit off I-5...It was fun while it lasted...I was impressed, not a single lane change was performed without the use of a blinker by those three riders, me included...

Knary- the Vortex is one of the three things I miss about Atlanta... the other two are Harold's BBQ and Annie's Thai Castle!

Speaking of ATL... found a more recent photo, one of my faves. Got a wild hair one May morning when I lived in Buckhead, decided to go make a surprise visit to my folks in Northern VT. Wish the focus was better, y'oughta see the grin on mom's face.

Attachments

• me&momdriveway.jpg
    me&momdriveway.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,073
Post your mug nationally!

Just saw a note about this on my club board (thanks Tony D) and thought I'd pass it along. BMW is doing another print ad campaign with real riders and they are requesting pictures. Since you all are such a good looking bunch, here's the info:

BMW National Casting Call

LOOKING FOR A FEW STARS
Posted by admin on Jan 12, 2004 9:30:07 AM EST

No, we haven't developed a obsession for astronomy (riding
motorcycles is more than enough). Yet again, we are casting real BMW riders (and couples) to be featured in our next print advertising campaign to be launched this spring.

Whatever your age, height, body type, race or sex - it doesn't matter to us
so long as you have the look we want for the particular ad.

Most importantly, you must be quick to respond, and you must ride a BMW motorcycle - it doesn't have to be a current model.

We may conduct a photo shoot as early as February 2004, so if you're interested please act quickly by submitting the following information to the email address below .

Name
Mailing Address
Daytime Phone number
Model/Year of BMW motorcycle(s) you own
Years riding experience
Average miles you ride in a year
Please attach one current picture of yourself to your email.
The photo should be a close up of your face (without hat,
helmet, sunglasses, etc.)

Submit all information to:

bmwcastingcall@mnh.com

Re: Thanks BG

Cliffy777 said:
Gave it shot! Nuttin to loose - fame and drug problems to gain!
Excellent!!! As your agent I get 12% right?:brow

Not to be cantankerous or any such thing ...

But having seen so much of it in the posted photos, I find myself wondering, "What is the deal on posing with an upraised beer?"

Did your parents forbid the consumption of spirits, or is it something deeper?

It kind of reminds me of those drawings of George Washington with a particular leg stuck out -- maybe it is the California version of putting forward one's best foot ... :D

:brow

One is saluting the viewer, though in the picture above it looks like the subject just happened to have a beer in his hand.

Also, we drink a lot of beer when we camp. Beer is good. The ancient Sumerians called it liquid bread.

:drink

The liquid bread argument was also used in our nation's infancy when the first Congress was trying to decide if beer should be taxed or not.
"Sirrah, it is liquid bread!" was the cry of one anit-tax legislator who's name eludes me. His side lost of course. I think if enough of us put our heads together on this we could still change it though!
Beer tax is a great reason to homebrew.

Back