• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post your mug

deanzat said:
I don't have pictures of me in costume, but here's my Trogdor-o'lantern from last year:

medium.jpg

SWEET! He's illuminated by burnination!

Visian said:
Dirt bikes, no less. Most impressive! :)

Honu, what kind?

Ian

Actually not all that impressive, if you can picture me trying to kick start a 2 stroke that's much too large for me, it's more...well....comical.
Once I get going I'm OK though. Unfortunately, I don't have a dirt bike right now, I always have to ride my friends bikes at this point and time. They have Honda's, 2 strokes, I wanna say 250, but I don't know that much more about them except that I would rather roll start them down a nice hill, than try to kick start, with the "short girl jump up and over" method.

I have lot's of room for improvement in the dirt bike arena, so whenever I have the opportunity to go, I do, but it's not as often as I would like. :violin

More Mugs....

Traveling with my son Josh at the North Rim Lodge of the Grand Canyon...
23139480-M.jpg

Yes, I'm the older guy...but I have more toys....

3,000 miles that week...and a zillion great memories..... :clap

BTW, his first real trip on a Beemer....

Last edited:
Honu said:
I have lot's of room for improvement in the dirt bike arena, so whenever I have the opportunity to go, I do, but it's not as often as I would like. :violin

My sister the firefighter is a dirt bike rider. She started trying to ride her SO's KTM 250 2-stroke. Before she killed herself (she's a beginner) I steered her toward a Honda CRF230 4-stroke. She can *ride* that thang!

I long ago stopped trying to ride my son's motocross bikes, 2-stroke or 4. It's that thing called living that I like. ;)

Ian

Visian said:
My sister the firefighter is a dirt bike rider. She started trying to ride her SO's KTM 250 2-stroke. Before she killed herself (she's a beginner) I steered her toward a Honda CRF230 4-stroke. She can *ride* that thang!

I long ago stopped trying to ride my son's motocross bikes, 2-stroke or 4. It's that thing called living that I like. ;)

Ian

I like your sister already. She would fit right in with my family.

I agree the living thing is kinda nice. I know you know that part of properly living is in testing the perimeters of this thing called life. I do think that a 4-stroke would be helpful if I hope to stay within the perimeters. When I can purchase one of my very own, that's the direction I will head in, but at this point I have to take what I can get. :)

You clearly have already tested the perimeters and know where they are, so you don't need to inspect them regularly, in this particular area of two wheeled adventure.

Try again

Hi

so I'm trying again...

photo's of me on Mount Tam...from July...

swleejr

Attachments

• slrssm.jpg
    slrssm.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,051
KBasa said:

There's a pull out on the way up, where you can sit on this big rock under a huge tree and look south to see the city.

I have spent countless hours there... sometime with my notebook, getting work done... other times just dreamin.

One of my most favorite places.

Ian

IronBunny said:
My record of 17 Hooters girls in one photo in Champaign, Illinois. Your Bunny is in there somewhere.

The food there is awful. I wonder why the place is so popular...

Okay, here goes....

I couldn't decide which of these I liked better, me at Tintagel, or me in Killarney... so I'll just link em up and let you all decide which dartboard gets which shot :) I have actual "Suit" shots from a recent wedding, but these are shots of the ol' wolf in Tintagel, Cornwall (Where King Aurthur was born..) and Killarney, Ireland.

Belg-Tintagel.jpg

Belg-Killarney.jpg

Enjoy...

Belg said:
I couldn't decide which of these I liked better, me at Tintagel, or me in Killarney... so I'll just link em up and let you all decide which dartboard gets which shot :) I have actual "Suit" shots from a recent wedding, but these are shots of the ol' wolf in Tintagel, Cornwall (Where King Aurthur was born..) and Killarney, Ireland.

Belg-Tintagel.jpg

Enjoy...

My bad, had that one misfiled. It's not Tintagel. This is on the Moors outside of St. Just in far western Cornwall, a ways north of Land's End. Sorry for the confusion. The farmhouse hidden behind me, I'd REALLY like to buy...

115 said:
Best photo ever taken of me ...

power-nap.jpg

Jeff, I remember this shot from the final page of a not-too-long-ago ON. I think this shot really says it all!

Back