• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Riding up from Florida - Best Route?

leboutillier

Hi all,
This will be my first rally and I will be driving up from south Florida. Does anyone have a good recomendation as to the best roads to travel while making the trip up to West Bend? I have all the maps and a GPS, but like recommendations as well. Thanks in advance for our input.

Depends how far up are you wanting to travel north before heading west. However, I have made the trip from Orlando to Naples via Highway 27 and stopping in Lake Wales, LaBelle (one of my favorite small towns in Florida) and then, Naples. Coming back, I really enjoy the same route. There are some areas close to Haines City that coule be interesting to explore in a GS bike. If traveling to this area any time soon, on Thursdays nights, a bunch of BMW, Moto Guzzy and Ducati riders gather at Steak & Shake in Winter Park at highway 436. Would be a pleassure to meet you.

Regards,

Gil

Thanks Gil. I might just have to join you guys at some point at the S&S. My current focus is planning the trip up to WI. Once completed, I plan on making small trips around FL. Thanks again.

Fl to Wi...

I'm assuming you have a relationship with the BMW dealer in FTM. My experience there has always been a good one. I'm sure if you pick their brains they can help you out with a route, I may do the same. More then likely they are making the trip themselves and may welcome you or anyone to ride along.

I am also riding up to WI where I will pick up my wife who will be visiting family somewhere in Milwaukee, then on to the rally. I'm planning on leaving on the 7th and arriving.... well that depends on how much fun I'm having on the way. :dance

Let me know if youÔÇÖre interested in the ride up. I will be leaving my bike and trailer in WI because we will be flying back out in Aug for the CCR rally in MO. From there we will ride back to FL.Happy Trails...

Scott

I am heading to Key West starting on 12-29-07

Any suggestion on good and interesting route on a r1200gs. Things to see and do (everglades tour?)

Thanks Randy

Any suggestion on good and interesting route on a r1200gs. Things to see and do (everglades tour?)

i grew up in s. florida, and imo, the only reason for going back is to visit the everglades. well, maybe cape canaveral.

us27 is a good way to get to the everglades, going down the center of the state and missing most of the urban coastal clutter. however, these days, the clutter has reached out to 27, which used to be in the absolute middle of nowhere. stop in clewiston and eat at the old south BBQ.

if you like canoeing, check out the 10,000 islands, and take a guide and a GPS.

ian

Back