• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

get title to my sport bike?

ranceg2

:confused: How do I get a good Virginia state title to the now running Honda CBR 600 1996 model yr.? I went through the VA system and they turned my junk title down (now I know I should have just given them the VIN #). A VA state trooper/inspector looked at the bike and said it was good but the state office in Richmond turned it down (they checked it is not stolen). All the title companies won't do anything newer than 1987.
Looks like I just need someone in a state that accepts bills of sale instead of having to have a title, to sell me my bike (bill of sale) then I can take this to the VA DMV and they by law must accept and give me a title.
Anyway I have a parts bike with good title and I'm about to swap the stuff though it is sure a waste of time because I would be swapping to a worse frame and front end and almost everything....
Thanks
Randy
(I ride a R1100R 2000 year when I'm not searching for a title)
rgg8z@virginia.edu

Forgery. Just make a bill of sale. have a friend sign a made-up name on it. I'm sure nobody will check.
:jester

Back