• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aftermarket high-beam

HFD190

I had posted this earlier in the oilhead forum, probubly better placed here...

I am attempting to increase my night-time safety and viability, IE: trying to avoid the deer I have been considering adding on some aux lighting like the PIAA 1100s. First, I thought that I would just upgrade the high-beam bulb to one of PIAAs aftermarket H3 extreme white or super plasma bulbs. Save some $, ease of installation, etc. I am also one who likes to avoid a lot of aftermarket add-ons

I would appreciate any advice from those who have experience with those particular bulbs. Where there any problems with power consumption / fuses, etc? And also were you satisfied with the increased night-time visibility, or was the night lighting about the same as the factory bulb?

Thanks!

high beam

Ross:

I just received a bi - xenon HID system which I ordered from Xenon Depot info@xenondepot.com in Ontario, Canada, for my '02 1150 RS. This is a xenon system with a low and high beam capsule that is H4 compatible, so you are not faced with having to install auxiliary lights for high beam. I intend to report back after my tech installs it.

Paul Glaves did an installation write up on two systems he acquired from Xenon Depot in a recent edition of the News, but these had mono beam capsules.

If the RT is as light challenged as the RS is, it should be a worthwhile mod.

Rinty

Back