• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

International (European) MC insurance

D

dlearl476

Does anyone have a good recomendation for liability/collision/comprehensive Motorcycle insurance for travel by bike in Europe?

I don't mean "travel insurance" lost baggage, cancelled flights, med assist. I have that through AAA, I mean actual liability insurance. I'm having a devil of a time finding any online.

TIA

Does anyone have a good recomendation for liability/collision/comprehensive Motorcycle insurance for travel by bike in Europe?

Finding liability insurance by itself isn't an issue but finding full coverage insurance as a tourist, is almost impossible from everything that I've read.

At this point I'd accept liability only, the only problem is that everything I've found only covers US registered bikes traveling in Europe. I'm after a liability policy for me on a EU registered bike.

At this point I'd accept liability only, the only problem is that everything I've found only covers US registered bikes traveling in Europe. I'm after a liability policy for me on a EU registered bike.

OK, that scenario changes things.

If the bike is EU registered (I'm assuming under your name), what address did you register it under? Use that address for insurance purposes as well, or do they also want a driver's licence from the country it is registered in?

Talk to Stefan Knopf of Knopf Motorradreisen. See what he recommends doing.

Pick up BIKE or TWO magazine, UK publications. They are chock full of motorcycle insurance ads with links, and they speak/write English quite well.

Fred

I looked throuh Bike. All the companies that have websites insure UK residents for EU travel only. At least the 10 or so I checked.

Back