• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

12GS Color Change

leboutillier

I own a 2006 12GS and am considering changing the color from yellow blue. Although I don't mind the yellow, my wife and I think the BMW blue would look a bit more classy, rather that flashy. Now, I feel I have three options; (1) order the two panels from my BMW dealer, (2) take the panels to a body shop and have them prep and paint (risk of not being authentic color (I am a bit of a purist), (3)TRADE MY YELLOW PANELS FOR BLUE. I feel the last option is the most realistic and might just be able to assist someone else who might like a color change as well.

Does anyone else have a better idea (uhh, oohh, I think I just opened myself up for ridicule) Thanks in advance for your input, suggestions, or comments

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Suggestion: Send your wife to a psychiatrist or an optometrist... While she's there get yourself some Ohlins shocks (which are yellow) to match your yellow bike... then you wont be able to change the color. Yellow looks AWESOME (I have yellow too... but with the grey sides)

:heh

Even better - Get your wife her own blue GS!!!

Three panels?

The front fender, the tank top, and . . . ?

My buddy just made his GSA red. The two panels ran about $600.

If I had a yellow GS, I'd change the color, too.

:hide

Back