• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowering foot pegs

J

jackyd

1995 R1100R

I beleive I have read there is a kit that allows the foot pegs to be lowered

Does anyone have information on how to obtain?

Thanks

Jack Dietirch
Richmond Va

Look into Suburban Machinery. The company usually has an ad in the ON.

Be sure to get the extended shifter at the same time.

The peg lowering kits move your foot down and out. Therefore, also consider shifter and brake toe extensions from BMW of Santa Cruz.

I got a pair from MV in Germany. $200 a little pricey. As beemerboneyard if they have any. i got a set of barbacks there for $40. Also fastway footpegs are lower also although maybe they are not for an R.

I have Suburbans on mine, and i don't need a shift extender. Works fine without it. Suburban is a really easy install

Gary

Update June 5

I went with the Suburban machinery set

Ride is much better, more comfortable, less fatiquing

Install is easy, requires only needle nose pliers to remove & install cotter pins

Web page ( www.suburban-machinery.com ) is useful and owners were quick to respond to my e mails.

thanks to all who responded

Verholen

I put a set of Verholen lowered pegs on my r1150r. The install was not difficult and took a couple of hours, probably 1 hr. if I did it again. The instructions were not that great. The kit came with the peg hardware, as well as necessary hardware to lower the shifter and rear brake as well as an extender for the brake. I bought my set from Pirate's Lair.

Back