• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

600 mile interval service on the F800ST

wezul

Cage Rattler
$120. Now that's not so bad, eh? Compared with 320 something for my RT. Coolness. Now I am broken in and not broke!

600 Mile Service on the F800ST (WAS), or F800S

$120. Now that's not so bad, eh? Compared with 320 something for my RT. Coolness. Now I am broken in and not broke!

Hello wezul,

Nice post, but I think you were taken. :rofl The 600 mile service on my S was $114.60 with tax and disposal fees included.

They told me these bikes were anticipated to be very low maintenance-they weren't kidding as the belt is supposed to good for at least 60,000 miles.

Now if I could just stop spending money on those lovely accessories. I received the Wundelich Lifter this week-what a pleasure to use!!!

Regards, Tweety1

Ah I see you discovered F800riders! I'm staying stock for a while before I start screwin' around. :bolt

Ah I see you discovered F800riders! I'm staying stock for a while before I start screwin' around. :bolt

I discovered the forum at F800Riders.org months ago, lurked around, and that confirmed my choice. As for stock, are you implying a Wunderlich product is not? They make lots of BMW OE parts, and I thought the Lifter was a whole lot better choice than the BMW paddock stand. It is great and so easy to use!:clap

I gather you have found them too. It is nice to know how far ahead of us they are in knowledge because they have had the bike so much longer than we have. The tools of the internet can be great. I was reading a thread there about synthetic oil, and I may try it now.

Tweety1, Off to Heber for the Rally :wave

like the 800

When I started to consider a BMW that F800S kept me coming back, ultimately I decided on the r1200s, but.......I keep thinking about that 800, very cool

I just paid about $279 for the 600 mile service on my F650GS. I think I would have gone with the F800ST if I could turn back time.

Hankles

$206 CA for my 1000km run-in check.

I read that there is a bulletin out on bolt tensions. I noticed that part of my check was checking the torque on all bolts. As that is pure labour, it drove the cost up a bit. Parts totalled $50.00.

$206 CA for my 1000km run-in check.

I read that there is a bulletin out on bolt tensions. I noticed that part of my check was checking the torque on all bolts. As that is pure labour, it drove the cost up a bit. Parts totalled $50.00.

I had complained to my service advisor about oil trails on my engine, he looked it up, said a new bulletin was up, and did mine while I waited for just a signature. Why wouldn't a bulletin/recall w/in warranty be covered at no charge to the consumer?

Tweety1

Hmmm on both of my bikes I paid nothing for the 600 mile service:nyah I am sure I paid for it when I bought the bikes though. It is kind of like free shipping - you are paying for it somewhere.:brow

Back