• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S fairing on Ebay

hmmmm ....
pizza?
beverages?
not too far from Burlington?

I Really like your paint scheme; traditional yet not factory correct. I especially like the 4.5 gallon tank paint scheme on a /7 style tank. Who did your paint if I may ask? Somebody local to us?

:laugh It was done by a guy in Palmyra, he works through Thoroughbred Cycles normally, but since I know him I went direct. I didn't say anything about pin striping, he did it all, but I found out he did call Thoroughbred in the interest of accuracy.
I expected he would stripe it, I knew it wouldn't be factory. Bill is great and quick.
I paid 400 for a factory paint job for my RT from elsewhere, and the guy got all snobby and insisted it was a BMW factory finish. The Pearl looked good, and the Moto Sport pin stripes were accurate, but there was a big fingerprint right in the middle of the front fender. I didn't know the factory did that. :laugh

Dang helpful Beemer riders. My wife is having Lasik done on Thursday. If something unforeseen happens, I may be taking the kids up Saturday, so I can't promise anything. I wouldn't really expect anybody to help me anyway. More like stand there drinking beer, or soda, and handing me the occasional tool. If anybody wants to stop by, and chat, or just bask in the magnificence of that paint job:laugh, PM me and I'll give address and directions and phone number. If they go, I am working on it!

Well, I didn't get much done. By the time I got to the hardware store and cleaned up my work area and moved the bike in, it was already 1:30. My wife and the kids got home at 4:30. In 3 hours I got the handlebars on and the clutch cable almost in, and just started on the fairing mounting brackets.:dunno

Well, I didn't get much done. By the time I got to the hardware store and cleaned up my work area and moved the bike in, it was already 1:30. My wife and the kids got home at 4:30. In 3 hours I got the handlebars on and the clutch cable almost in, and just started on the fairing mounting brackets.:dunno
... and I slept in, fed the chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, horses, pigeons and dogs, did the recycling stuff, and suddenly figured out I wouldn't get there much before dark. :banghead

... and I slept in, fed the chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, horses, pigeons and dogs, did the recycling stuff, and suddenly figured out I wouldn't get there much before dark. :banghead
At least one of us got something done.:laugh
Nobody was depending on me for anything.

Wow Roy! Your brother is going to have one sweet bike to ride this summer!
:brow
You are making funny with the joke.:nyah
:wave
He has his R69S in Glen's shop, and he is talking about buying another bike so he can ride and work on his others.

Ya hook 'em, and reel them in slowly.
This ones all mine now. *Drool*
I have finished the LED tail light, very bright (in the stock reflector).
Fairing mounts are next, and many parts, including all new cables and rubber boots everywhere. Yeehaa!

Can't wait to see the finished product! I'm working on John to get his R90 going again. We'll have to get together for a ride or three this summer....

I hope so. I am trying not to screw it up. You guys should try to make GRRR or the Hiawatha Rally. They are in excellent spots with great riding, and they are great rallies.
:wave

I've been doing a lot of investigating of rallies since I became a member...it looks like we should be able to make quite a few this year.

:twirl

Chicks dig me, because I have new Repro Krauser bags *drool*:
P3230124.jpg

Got some more necessary parts, Roundels, a brake cable, and a rubber thingie for between the taillight bucket and turn signal stem in the rear, and a sticker:
P3230125.jpg

P3230126.jpg

:laugh Well, the sticker wasn't necessary, but it was funny, and free.
I have had a bad cold so no work has been done for a week. I hope to get back to it soon.

Last edited:
I removed the final drive, as the fill and drain plug for the driveshaft were both stripped.:banghead It's at Thoroughbred Cycles now, and I have enough parts stripped to touch up the frame. I also removed the old Neutral indicator sensor and I have the new one ready to go in. I had a productive weekend this last weekend. I have started to install the new brake cable, which requires fancy re-routing. Anybody have any idea where the brake cable routes on a "S" model?:ear

This is a sure sign that you are hanging out in different places than you did when you were in college.:stick
Or.........I am a consummate liar. :laugh

It's a edited version of Bill Murray's comment in Stripes. He didn't have Repro Krauser Bags though, the poor man.

On the other hand, he did get P.J. Soles though. I lose.

If those bags don't fit the rack I have on my bike, you will get to see my Iron Eyes Cody impersonation. COme to think o it, my poor final drive.
cody2.jpg

Last edited:
I did, just agree with me.:laugh

FWIW, I own one gun, and it's a black powder.
That avatar does give the wrong impression of me that way. I am a buffoon though, like Homer.

C'min, nobody has an old airhead S and can tell me the routing of the brake cable?
Yer all big meanies!:p

Back