• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Chicago hotels

K

kevings

My wife and I are heading to the BMW ralley, we wanted to spend two nights in Chicago. We are looking for hotels in the Miracle Mile are. Anyone have suggestions? The travel web sites are good, but I wanted some of your opinions. Any good ones:blah , or bad ones:doh to stay away from?
Thanks for the ideas.

I've lived in Chicao my whole life, but have never stayed at any of the hotels on the "miracle mile" I think you mean the "magnificent mile". They're all expensive and all fancy.

If it was me though, I'd recommend something off the "mile" like the Palmer House (very old, very Chicago). Also, the Four Seasons and the Inter-Continental are realy nice.

Stick with the guides for hotels, they're usually right.

LDK

Also before making reservations, ask about their parking and where you can part a motorcycle. I have stayed at the W and it was pretty good.

W Hotels

Check the net - there are two in dtwn Chicago.

Reasonable for this $$$ territory - there are probably no bad hotels - too competitive!

I like the Ambassador East the most if you're going to spend Downtown prices. Outdoor parking lot across the street - Gold Coast area so you are walking distance from the Mag Mile.

They have packages available.

Usual disclaimers, but I do put guests up there from time to time.

I've had no bad experiences at the Drake, the Intercontinental, and Whitehall hotels. Whitehall is smaller, very nice. Drake is famous. Raphael used to be nice, probably is again. Changed owners and went into semi-permanent remodeling a few years ago. :dance

Back