• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I think I made a mistake

The 650 is growing on me - I've named her "my little thumpie" She reminds of the fun it is to ride w/o all the gadgets and six gears. Ok ÔÇô I miss the overdrive.

The 650 is growing on me - I've named her "my little thumpie" She reminds of the fun it is to ride w/o all the gadgets and six gears. Ok ÔÇô I miss the overdrive.

Thats what I kept my R50 for, but I suppose you wanted power and were actually planning on passing cars on something other than a downhill.

All I miss is the ability to cruise at or near triple digit speeds - but I don't miss the problems I had with tickets because of that feature.

I love my F650

I have an F650GS, an 1150GS and a K1200GT. I have second thoughts about recently buying the K1200, not the F650. Sure the K-bomb is faster, and the 1150GS is more comfortable, but the 650 is better suited to my style.

BTW, I'm no lightweight, and I cruised at 80+ across the western states last year on the 650. I have the tall (Dakar) screen on mine. At first I thought it was too small for touring, but now I like it a lot. It takes just enough wind off my chest withoug causing ANY buffeting.

Then there's that little matter of power and speed. While the 650 will do 80+ all day (I've done it), you don't feel inclined to go any faster than that. I've had a couple RT's in the past. Like the K1200, they don't feel happy until they're over 80 mph.

I would not want the 650 if I had to do a lot of two-up touring, though.

BTW, the 1150 will be for sale if I ever get around to washing it for some pictures.

I miss mine, '99 model

I'll go back someday. I had all the bigger GS, off road PIGS. Great road, wantabe off roaders, with the manners of an elephant in the tougher dirt stuff. The F650, however, clearly "ate" the bigger GS's all day long, off roading and did a very respectable road touring duty for me. I actually traded mine for the King Kong LT, which has been swell, but never again. I miss the dual purpose bikes. The only issue with my F650 was the wear parts could have been built better, like the swingarm, shock mounts were a bit undercooked for my tougher dirt riding style, but I'll tell you, it took a pounding before it wore out. Impressive bikes, the F650's and probably one of BMW's better ideas in recent memory. :thumb

Back