• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tank Bag 1150GS

S

SNOONE

I am going to buy a new bag as soon as I get some opinions. Does anybody care to share their experience with the various brands of tank bag available for the GS.
Any recommendations ?

Attachments

• sahara tankbag.jpg
    sahara tankbag.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,620
After having all kinds of aftermarket bags etc. (RKA) I bit a big bullet and went for the BMW bag. It's great! Fits like a glove and goes on effortlessly.
Lots of storage (see other thread for what you can put in 'em) and well design zip pullers etc. Good rain cover too, even though I never remember to carry it.

my .02

I'll add a vote for the Marsee tank bag. It's close in quality to the Mvario, 1/3 the price, and easier to use.

One tip if you get one is to arrange the front straps to anchor on the braces that run to the support instrument cluster: that keeps the bag from tipping to the side during off-pavement excursions.

mully

have no doubt that marsee makes a good tank bag, perhaps someday i may even be interested, but the bavarian bag i made reference to goes on the gs rack after removing the pass. seat.
having used a multivario on a k75 for 15 years i like this better. if their website is still down; call and get a catolog. also check out last month's moa mag. as there is a article on it.
jerry:dunno

I highly recommend the Marsee. I have the 20-liter magnetic teardrop model. Superb.

Attachments

• tankbag.jpg
    tankbag.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,337
After 2 seasons, I'm still very happy with my Wolfman bag. It is not completely waterproof around the zippers so I throw on the available rain cover if it starts to rain hard. I like the detachable side bags. I keep essentials in them and just pop them off and put them in one of the BMW hard bags if I don't have the Wolfman on. The design conforms to the tank perfectly. The only irritation is that a full left lock turn will honk the horn. I imagine that is not a problem limited to Wolfman.

Attachments

• gs packed for campingsm.jpg
    gs packed for campingsm.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,729
My vote goes for the Marcee. I have the 20 liter tear drop on the GS. Works well, holds lots and has a good reflective presense.

Greg

BMWRider said:
I highly recommend the Marsee. I have the 20-liter magnetic teardrop model. Superb.

:eek Oh my god..That is the most pathetic Xmas tree I've ever seen. Come on Ryder, quit spend'n all yur money on yur bike and give a little to yur poor family:D

Rad said:
:eek Oh my god..That is the most pathetic Xmas tree I've ever seen. Come on Ryder, quit spend'n all yur money on yur bike and give a little to yur poor family:D

BMWRider = Charlie Brown.

I noticed that tree too.

:eek

Wunderlich Sahara tankbag

I have had a couple of people ask me about this bag so I figured I would insert it here as well.

I love it, it is the best tankbag I have ever used or ever seen on a GS.

I will try and make some points for it

Unless you are caught in a major downpour things inside will usually stay dry, the fabric is backed by plastic.

The map pocket is great, it is attached at the front with a long strip of velcro and at the rear with a plastic clip, which allows you to tear the velcro while riding and flip the whole thing over for page 2, it will also take a whole 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper without folding.

The side panniers are nice when it is cold to keep the wind off plus I think it helps a bit with the buffeting.

Obviously with the way it mounts it doesn't move at all.

The mount acts as a tankbra even with the bag off.

I did change 2 things when I got it, first when I put heavy items in the pannier it was a little to close for my liking to the jugs so I had a tailor remove the zipper from the mount and relocate it up about 2 inches, I also installed a quick release buckle on my Hepco crash bars for the botton of the panniers, It just saves me the time of running the strap around and through the buckle.

My fiance (BMWGYPSY) has an 1150 also, we bought it used and it came with a Wolfman, we both hate it, she has a Marsee on her CBR as well and I think they make a great product but the gs with its sloped tank cry for something that mounts solid to the bike.

Also getting gas is easy, I try to pull up to the pump so it is on my left, when you unzip the tankbag from the mount you go about 2/3 the way around and it flops to the right side leaving your filler cap exposed.

Also it holds a ton of stuff, I usually never expand the top but when you do it gives you another 10 liters, you can fit a 12 pack of cans and a bag of ice in the "extra" space.

Thanks everyone for your tankbag input. I ended up purchasing the Marsee, used it this past weekend on a trip to Long Island from NY State and it works just fine. Easy to deal with etc.:clap

tankbags

I recently purchased an R1150RT and I am in the market for a tankbag. I have looked at the Marsee and it looks great, but
it looks like you have to take it completely off to refuel.

How do those of you who have the Marsee handle this? If it
is too much of a hassle is there a tankbag out there that will
leave the mounting on and just remove the bag?

I know there was one mentioned that does this, but it sounds
like it is very expensive.

Thank you,

Gerald

drholm what type of windshield is that?

drholm I was just browsing through and noticed the windshsield on your GS looked like an aftermarket? Is so what is and are you happy?

Jeff A

Back