Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does this seem fair to you?

motorcycle cowboy roostershooter's Avatar

u shudda made shure

That the bags were on before you left.
    Last edited by roostershooter; 04-30-2007 at 12:33 PM.
    2013 Goldwing

I always make a personal point of double checking the dealer when they do work on my bike (which is usually just tires). TOO many times I've found bolts not tightened, parts not replaced (a side panel), etc. BMW service areas typically have an 'open door' and customers walk right in, distract service technicians, and they don't always double check their own work. HOW one misses side bags not being on the bike, I cannot fathom - they're so big! I suppose the rider was also distracted and just didn't think about it (though that's still a bit hard to miss I'd think).

I'd suggest they go half on the shipping with you... each party should have noticed the bags missing and the expense could have been averted. It is a good point that the dealer should just eat the cost, I've made mistakes and done so, but since they are requesting the full shipping cost from you, they apparently feel differently about it. I like the idea that they also credit it towards a future purchase... that's a great suggestion!
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)

I Used to Be Someone sheridesabeemer's Avatar
    I'd give you grief for not noticing your bags where missing except I did something funnier. I left my pants at the dealer.

I tried on, and walk out with a new REV'IT riding suit. Wouldn't you know I'd left home without the bags on the GT. It was a busy Saturday at the dealer, but Max himself was out there helping me bundle up and strap my old riding gear to the bike.
    I got home and realized I'd left my jeans in the dressing room! They put them in the mail for me the next business day - no charge.
    Gail Hatch
    SheRidesABeemer's Blog
    05 R12GS
    87 K75CT

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by bobh41 View Post
    OTOH how really smart to abandon possibly the only service outlet you have for a measly $21. Is this a financial proposition or an ego problem?
    OTOH II, The Sequel:

The best thing BMW-NA ever did for me was to decide I didn't really need a dealer, and pulled the franchise from the only one within 275 miles for two years until they found someone willing to invest millions with the hope of making thousands on BMW sales. It taught me self-reliance and resourcefulness. I now have a garage full of tools purchased with the money I saved on BMW hourly rates as a result.

Losing a BMW dealer can be somewhat like having a boil lanced, IMHO. This dealer sounds just like such a case.

Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    I'd give you grief for not noticing your bags where missing except I did something funnier. I left my pants at the dealer.
    That sounds like one of those really bad dreams... showing up late to a final exam with no pants on...!

I tried on, and walk out with a new REV'IT riding suit.
    Oh... thptptptpt... I see now, you had clothes on... just left some behind!

FWIW: I did actually show up to a final exam once after it was over... fortunately, so did 6 other students because the Prof didn't get the word to all of us he'd changed the exam schedule... so they had to allow us a re-test and we had an extra day to study.
    John A. Brown - Kalamazoo MI
    '09 K1300S 'Zoot' (Wicked, bad, naughty, evil, Zoot!)
    '94 K1100LT 'Desert' (the horse with no name)