• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Was HODAG banned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I could follow a lot of the sniping back and forth on this thread, but (surprise) several
of the most ascerbic participants are ALREADY LONG TERM RESIDENTS ON MY PERSONAL
IGNORE LIST as a result of my having found them to historically have little of value to add
to these forums in general.

Quel dommage. Quel salade :violin

I think you did, in fact, follow the so called sniping.

I'm with crazydrummerdude!

Of all the forums I visit... The MOA one blows them all away for whining about whining and arguing about arguing.

I couldn't agree more. But what do you expect? MOA BMW=Mother of All Bitching Moaning and Whinning.

Gotta go ride! It's finally nice in Seattle! Have a great day everyone!! XXOO

I couldn't agree more. But what do you expect? MOA BMW=Mother of All Bitching Moaning and Whinning.

Gotta go ride! It's finally nice in Seattle! Have a great day everyone!! XXOO

Many-Old-Attitudes-Bemoaning-Moving-Westward

And Ditto in NY!

Delete all threads

OK, moderators should just delete all bitchin and moaning threads, that way there would be so much less to have to plow thru here to get to the good stuff. Then maybe we could ban all the offending parties, etc.:type :laugh :bolt

What is YB ? Where is the massive loss of membership ?

His facts don't hold water. There was a discussion on the YB board where someone (me actually) posted that he had heard membership was down 20%. I was corrected by the Treasurer that it was not down 20%.

The YB formula is not for everyone and those that don't dig our chili get all bent that we have no interest in changing the receipe just for them.

That and we don't put up with any of that Bitch Moan and Whine crap.

:bikes

The YB formula is not for everyone and those that don't dig our chili get all bent that we have no interest in changing the receipe just for them.

That and we don't put up with any of that Bitch Moan and Whine crap.

:bikes

You don't put up with any of that? Then what is some of that complaining I've seen on the YB forums? :stick

You don't put up with any of that? Then what is some of that complaining I've seen on the YB forums? :stick

There was a new initiative last year to provided every new member with a $15.00 off one-time-only coupon
to encourage attendance at club events.
It seems like folks joined and maybe got as far as the Boxer Shorts or forum, but never actually got to
a meeting, event, or ride to meet other members.
Once folks got out on their bikes and to an actual event face-to-face, there was less keyboard courage.

Does anyone have access to the MOA membership attrition rate? Since someone else raised the topic,
I'd be curious to know...

Riding and Events make the difference!

iRene I agree completely with your response. Attendance and participation in events make the heart and soul of any group. "Keyboard Courage" is a funny term, kinda like Computer Commandos. Although I feel the "rally" events are perhaps over done and more pure riding events like the Tin Butt 500, Minuteman 1000, etc. are more my particular cup of tea. However, with a top case and journey bag I might be tempted to purchase a tent, camp stove, etc. Really the forum is just entertainment and exchange of ideas, notice of events, etc. while we are not riding. :type

Bump

I was looking for something else when I came across this old thread.
Pending election
Hodags return
The names I don't see any more or very often
The discussion in the thread
all led to the bump.

an interesting blast from the past and worth the read

The more things change....you know the rest. But, yeah you are right, some of the folks who posted in the previous discussion....where are they now?

People come, people go, some stay.

Some tell us 30 days in advance that they are leaving to increase their post count before they are gone. :laugh

Some just fade away and one day you notice they are not longer posting.

Some leave and everyone is happy to see them go.

Some leave and everyone wishes they would come back.

Some just leave.

That's the way of any group and particularly of on line forums.

It was interesting reading.:dance

Last edited:
can you say "write-in candidate" ? :evil

The people's choice from coast to coast
Write in the candidate with the most!

Can write in anyone for President. :laugh

When will the candidates for director be announced?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back