• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Canadian Trip

PineGreen

My SO and I will be repeating a trip we took 18 years ago. Last time we were hurried but this time we are going to take our time. We will be leaving SCenteral Pa and travelling up through NY. Then into Canada and up around the Gaspe Peninsula. back down through NB through Maine where I was stationed in the service. Any suggeations on what to see in and around the Gaspe and points South Thanks

We rode around the Gaspe last June, and I would love to have had more time to spend there. It is a very beautiful area. Same goes for all the rest of our cross country trip. I don't really know what to reccomend for sightseeing, but I would suggest brushing up on your french skills before heading into the Gaspe. We found the people to be very patient and understanding with our (my) limited French skills. Actually my command of the french language is speaking loudly with an imitated french accent. :dunno Fortunatly my wife has somewhat more knowledge of the language than I do. In fact she spent a short time in the Gaspe during high school on exchange. She was a bit rusty with it, but she got us through Quebec fed and sheltered. I would have had to relied upon junk food from gas stations to feed myself and sleeping in rest stops without her translating for me. The experience made me realize that before I would plan another trip through there, I will try to improve my French skills. I would highly reccomend to anyone to go there, but be cautioned, the roads are not all in the best of repair. We encountered some of the worst road conditions of our nearly 10,000 Km trip in that area. JKust slow down and enjoy the wonderful sights. :)

I say this after going to Canada every year for bike trips since I starting riding:

Canada rocks eh?

Have fun on you trip. I'm hoping to hit the maritime provinces this summer if I can find the time/money to do it.

I can't comment on routes in Eastern Canada but I can suggest that all the state and county roads in the Adirondacks are a must do as well as Route 100 and the gap side roads in Vermont.

Your trip sounds like a dream come true for me.

MarkF

If you are going far enough west,do not miss Niagara Falls,it is awesome and worth the trip.

B52G said:
Last time we were hurried but this time we are going to take our time.
Good plan! I toured Eastern Canada this past August and 13 days just wasn't enough.

B52G said:
Any suggeations on what to see in and around the Gaspe and points South.
Do the complete 132 around the Gaspe.

The coastal road from Cambellton NB all the way to Nova Scotia only offered limited views of the ocean, but it was a nice relaxing road to ride.

There is more to Nova Scotia than just the Cabot Trail on Cape Breton which is all I had time for before heading over to Newfoundland.

Order up the FREE Motorcycle Tour Guide Nova Scotia.
Motorcycle Tour Guide Nova Scotia

While in Cape Breton, check out the
Fortress of Louisbourg

I hope you get the weather I had.

For pics of my tour, check out my web site.

Back