• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Pictures

R

REBECCAV

Forum Folks,

Whenever I've attached a picture in a post, I've used the "Attach File" option, which lets me attach one picture after the text. This is fine, but sometimes I want to use more than one picture and have it within the text. Is there another way to insert a picture from my computer? How come when I preview my post I don't see the image?

Thanks,
boxergrrlie

Ah, attaching pictures.

The deal with attaching is that you can only attach one file at a time. There seems to be some kind of bizarre thing going on with vBulletin (our forum software) that drops the attachment if you preview your post. The attached pictures are always hung at the end of the post, as attaching doesn't allow you to position them within the text. Kind of a bummer, but that's how it works with attached files.

If you have pictures hosted at smugmug or shutterfly or some other places on the web, you can link to them and hang a whole bunch of them in your post and position them within paragraphs.

Kinda quirky, but that's how it works.

:dunno

dave

Is there an easy :confused: way to shrink pics dow so you can post them . The max size is 16kb, and almost all my pics are about 750....freeware that works good?

TonyR80RT said:
Is there an easy :confused: way to shrink pics dow so you can post them . The max size is 16kb, and almost all my pics are about 750....freeware that works good?

I use "Snapfish" because it's free with my Earthlink. It allows you to share pics and albums with people via email, but so far I haven't found a way around the security/sign in bit to allow links to pics. I'd break down and pay for a web hosting service, but I have a BUNCH of free space, I'm just to dumb to figure out how to get my own website up and running!

And WOOHOO, thanks for the info. I finally figured out how to get my "Murals" posted on the forum with Photoshop resizing!

TonyR80RT said:

Try Irfanview from www.irfanview.com It'll resize your photos to whatever size you'd like. You can also, at the same time, resample them and make the dpi count lower, which will greatly reduce the file size.

If you have an entire directory of photos you want to resize, you can use the batch processing function to resize all the photos without having to do them one at a time.

For me, smugmug works really well. I pay $20/year to host unlimited amounts of pictures. When I post pictures, I just insert a link in the post and the resizing and all takes place automatically. The forum just basically inserts a link to the picture in my post and presents a picture from another source. Works great and makes a great way to share your photos with people everywhere.

If you want to see what the underlying code looks like, quote this message and you'll see how the link to the photo below got inserted.

6595871-M.jpg

The IMG tags are what make the call to the other site and allow the picture to be presented. This also allows you to put more than one picture in a post.

Back