• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Camping Equipment Shipping

DANIMAL

Danimal
Haven't been to the national for a couple years, but my understanding is you could ship to the rally your camping equipment and then send it back home at the end of the rally. Is that the case this year and when will there be some information on that? Thanks.

This is pretty good idea. I could even ships some other goodies such as booze, food and radio. Did I mention booze?

I know that shipping to a business address is like half the cost when using Fedex ground. It turns out cheaper than shipping U.S. Mail ground.

Coals to Newcastle

Shipping Booze to Wisconsin is a lot like shipping coals to Newcastle. Your choice, but you can buy, and may be compelled to buy, hard liquor in most grocery stores. Kids with corner stands sell beer instead of lemonade, once they can toddle on thier own.

Morgen -

2007 Hospitality Co-Chair and Still Standing WI Resident.

How do you arrange for return shipment? Pre-arrange it with your shipper (UPS, FedEX, etc) and they come pick it up or can it be arranged at the rally site?

Shipping Booze to Wisconsin is a lot like shipping coals to Newcastle. Your choice, but you can buy, and may be compelled to buy, hard liquor in most grocery stores. Kids with corner stands sell beer instead of lemonade, once they can toddle on thier own.

Morgen -

2007 Hospitality Co-Chair and Still Standing WI Resident.

That's good advice, but I'll be fine having my bottle of Dewars waiting for me.

just don't use a booze box to ship it in... ups, fedex and the usmail will all reject it.

and dewars.... yum! :buds

ian

How do you arrange for return shipment? Pre-arrange it with your shipper (UPS, FedEX, etc) and they come pick it up or can it be arranged at the rally site?

Vermont Rally had a UPS store but they did NOT accept prepaid return labels and were open Sunday morning.

Ship your stuff there, and ship it home from there on Sunday morning.

Back