• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

Request from a guy that doesn't ride F800's, would one of y'all take a nice photo of your bike during a ride? Preferably with some nice scenery or unusual viewpoint.

I lurk the "Picture of your..." threads looking for images that might be good for some purpose or another on the site (e.g. Photo of the Week). So far, this thread has lots of driveway shots.

:lurk

Here's looking at you Mr. Demanding.:p

309596120_eQGgK-M.jpg

My 07 F800St

This picture was taken last year on a trip up to Laguna Seca race track in Monterey from Los Angeles, for the Redbull MotorGP race. I went this year too, but no pics. The ride up is absolutely amazing along the coast....

Attachments

• DSC00950.jpg
    DSC00950.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,029
Hair

I needed to make a cellphone call, but there was no reception in the valley, so I rode to the top of a nearby mountain on dirt without gear (i.e., no helmet) from the campsite. As I returned, the COG guys were laughing and pointing at me, and made me stop for photos. Turned out it was the hair.

Fred
'09 F800GS
'07 R1200R (still loved!)

Last edited:
great brakes

After seeign the BMW stunt rider in Gillette, I think the average rider could make the motor last a long time.:whistle the lady seem to like the bike too.....:whistle

Attachments

• IMG_3429_1.JPG
    IMG_3429_1.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,000
Fred's Woody Woodpecker hair style is one of the best arguments I've seen in favor of helmet laws.

I don't know Tweets, while I'm sorry for you, I really like my ST (Thank you Kbasa, for the great review and suggestion). Break your melancholy, get the beasty fixed and get riding! There has to be a fix, my guys at Cycle Werks really seem to know what they are doing. It's electrical, this has to be a problem with a solution. If you love the bike like I believe you do, hang in there and hunt the solution, I'd be willing to assist. Or jump the lemon law if applicable and get something else. The point is I guess, I feel for you and the thing that bugs me most is you can't ride.
*Shooting you the good vibes*
Cheer up!

Thanks, Wezul. The techs have been up, down, time and again, and just can't seem to eradicate the e-gremlin. Each time something seems fixed, another manifestation arises, making the bike a confirmed lemon (on 10/9 it is official).

Pursuant to a recent request, I have sent BMW NA my purchase contract and other documents for costs, and I am awaiting a buy-back determination offer. But they don't move fast.

Until then, nada, but I cannot see an ST in my future because 1) ergos are not there for my body, arm and leg sizes, and 2) the lower fairing raises enough rider heat issues, I'd lose a month or 2 of riding each year here in the WARM Phoenix area. We just broke summer heat and now we are seeing 80-90 degree highs. Right now @ 9:30 MST we are 73 after some drizzle/rain. I WANT TO RIDE but no bike.

I see a another bike soon, but soon may still be a month out. :banghead

P.S. Don't feel to sorry. On 10/13, I fly to Puerto Vallarta to meet a group, for riding into Guadalajara for the XII International BMW MC Rally. We do 2 days in GDL (one of which is train/bus travel to where Tequila is made), and then ride through the jungle back to PV for sun, beach, and bar-b-que. A R12GS as the grand prize, will be given away Saturday. Sunday I fly home. My buddies are riding 10/10 from here, we meet 10/13, but I lose the 2 days of all day riding back home.

Last edited:
Brand New 09

Hello all...

Here is a pic of my brand new 09 that I picked up yesterday at Hermy's. How about the new blue color. It was a sweet ride home to State College!

Doug

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 929
Last edited:
"son" I would love to have an F800ST or the GS. But I don't I got another well crafted bike the versys. But I was thinking it would be neat to see the versys and a gs go head to head. I mean all specs aside just on the road fun. :dance

my new F800ST

I love my new baby. All of my bikes are blue but this is the sweetest.:bikes

Attachments

• motorcycles and more 048.jpg
    motorcycles and more 048.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 906
I needed to make a cellphone call, but there was no reception in the valley, so I rode to the top of a nearby mountain on dirt without gear (i.e., no helmet) from the campsite. As I returned, the COG guys were laughing and pointing at me, and made me stop for photos. Turned out it was the hair.

Fred
'09 F800GS
'07 R1200R (still loved!)

Fred,

I think I've seen you post over on the R1200R forum. I have an R1200R, and now have a F800GS on order. Are you keeping both? How do you like the 800, and finally, what kind of engine crash bar is that on your bike?

Me and my F650GS

Old guy with sweet looking new bike :dance

Attachments

• adven.jpg.jpg
    adven.jpg.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 1,204
Last edited:
Back