• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

F800ST on tour

A picture of the the bike before leaving Orange, CA for Chicago, IL

Attachments

• IllandAnnoyedinIllinois005.jpg
    IllandAnnoyedinIllinois005.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,361
Can you see mine?

A photo of most of the bikes from a mid-fall meet today of my local BMW MOA chapter (there were 25 in all). Can you see mine in a sea of other BMWs? Look for the Tweety Bird color!

AZBeemersOctober2007BBQ017.jpg

I bought an F800ST in August and put 2,300 miles on it. Loved the bike and had none of the problems that have been described in numerous forums and was getting about 50 mpg. Its a great bike. Sadly, I needed to get rid of it and get something that puts me in more upright riding position because of neck issues. I added barbacks, panniers, top case, mirror extenders and a CalSci windscreen. I loved that bike:

What it looked like when I got it
DSC00445.jpg

What it looked like when I got rid of it
Calsci02.jpg

Here's what I have now
NewR1200RT001.jpg

Great pics, is that Camp Shadow pines? Cool place, I went to a rally there a few years back.

Some of my F800S Farkles

I thought I'd start this, considering this thread hadn't seen activity in a bit. Here are some my farkles.

The BMW Zumo
2050448790_a9393ab63d.jpg

The Axio Tail Bag (from its front)
2050478374_24729fb996.jpg

Same, from rear
2050478116_75d84daedf.jpg

Marsee 11L tank bag, with electric kit
2050478298_d8af4ecb4b.jpg

White tail lens/red LED light
2049693965_d4db48eef9.jpg

More later...

Yours?

Tweety, which Zumo mount is that? Can you post a pic from the side of the Zumo on the bike?

thx

Haven't taken a pic of mine from the side, as the garage needs a clean out and is a little too crowded around the bike. But the mount is a ZTechnik setup, available from any BMW dealer or from techmounts.com, and it comes in two pieces, a Z6131 mount and a Z6201 GPS top plate. Search ZTechnik, go to website, under products select bike, and it'll show you the two in a list of all their products for yours.

I have to say, 1) the quality is EXCELLENT and 2) with adjustments fore and aft, up and down, and tilt angle sideways, the utility of the mount is beyond excellent, to sublime. I could not recommend a better add-on if you want a GPS, and I am considering a second for the throttle side, for mounting my V1 radar detector, as I have done the brake reservoir mod seen on f800riders.org, and removed the bracket from that side.

Here is a photo of the Z6131 mount:

2801237390100360492S500x500Q85.jpg

Last edited:
I just added Givi bags and a centerstand to my 800S. Nothing happens, I should turn 20,000 miles on her this afternoon.

Attachments

• bags12.JPG
    bags12.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,066
On the F800riders.org forum, there is a thread in the How To section on doing what is called the Front Brake Mod. Here's mine nice and close up all done. I did it about 1,000 miles ago and it's all good. No more high bracket!

It uses BMW parts mostly from the new K series.

2447457990_63b1a4f2e3_b.jpg

Instructions are here: http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9386 but missing original pics. I do have a PDF of this with pics, and if you want it, PM me.

Tootles.

My first post......'07 F800ST

I love this bike. It is my first BMW and it's comfortable, gets great gas mileage, has great accessories, and I think it looks great!

photo.jpg

My Darling

Here is my 2007 F800ST. Kristie

Attachments

• random 2008 036.jpg
    random 2008 036.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,157
IMGP1223.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1221.jpg
[/IMG]

IMGP1223.jpg
[/IMG]

Great site! Nice pics of 800s, lots of ideas, Just picked up an 800s a couple of weeks ago to replace an 2004 r1150r so far no mods, ordered frame sliders and mirror extenders today.

Request from a guy that doesn't ride F800's, would one of y'all take a nice photo of your bike during a ride? Preferably with some nice scenery or unusual viewpoint.

I lurk the "Picture of your..." threads looking for images that might be good for some purpose or another on the site (e.g. Photo of the Week). So far, this thread has lots of driveway shots.

:lurk

We will try to do that knary.

The only problem is that the bikes are so dang much fun to ride that it is hard for us to stop for a scenery photo.

I'll try to get some action shots of my wife on her brand new F800ST. We just brought it home Tuesday :clap She hasn't had a chance to get it out for a ride yet.

Going with the AZBeemers to The Roadrunner Rally up in Heber, AZ on May 16-18. I'll take some pics to post there.

Then in October when I drive with the 8-12 already signed up (could get much larger by then) for the BMW Motorrad Mexico Rally in October 2008, I'll post some pics from there.

Unfortunately, since it looked like I would have to travel alone to Gillette, I am flying in, but if I get some great pics I'll post 'em anyway.

Very nice, Floppp,

Love the way the yellow accents the black, too. Makes it an ST flip of a yellow S in a way!

:stick

:D

Request from a guy that doesn't ride F800's, would one of y'all take a nice photo of your bike during a ride? Preferably with some nice scenery or unusual viewpoint.

I lurk the "Picture of your..." threads looking for images that might be good for some purpose or another on the site (e.g. Photo of the Week). So far, this thread has lots of driveway shots.

:lurk

OK, knary, I was at the AZBeemers Roadrunner rally when this was shot, 6700+ feet up. Don't tell me this was a driveway shot up there in the woods! :D

2116383700100360492S600x600Q85.jpg

Back