• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

F800 vibration?

Wear gel gloves and it's gone! It being the buzz. That should tell you something. The countermass system is way up to snuff.

Tweety1

New ST

Here's the new F800ST, two weeks into ownership. Fiamm 135db horn, Throttlemeister adapted from an R1150R, aftermarket fusebox with hardwire power for GPS and accessory socket for battery charging and second electric vest, Givi V35 bags and E350 top box.

Akrapovic full exhaust system on order.

Attachments

• web size.jpg
    web size.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,416
Here's the new F800ST, two weeks into ownership. Fiamm 135db horn, Throttlemeister adapted from an R1150R, aftermarket fusebox with hardwire power for GPS and accessory socket for battery charging and second electric vest, Givi V35 bags and E350 top box.

Akrapovic full exhaust system on order.

Beautiful, Dave. Nice setup. Have you been over to f800riders.org or f800depot.com yet? The first is a F800 forum that is great for us USA-ers, because it includes EC, SA, and AU residents that had the bike a year or so before us, and the latter is a new F800 farkels store that just opened up with all kinds of F800 goodies, some you have, a few you don't. Your bike is well-equipped and looking loooooong road ready.

What part of the US are you and it in? I am in the desert SW (AZ to be exact).

Going out of town in a half hour for a whole week, away from the email, so if you return post and I don't reply soon, kindly understand. Meanwhile, enjoy the riding, mine is tied up to its Battery Tender while we run 110-115 as daytime highs.

In a few weeks, I will steal away early morn and ride with a local BMW club to the Alps-like part of AZ in Alpine and Greer. It's cool there, and and we will do a 191 (n?®e 666) run to wear ourselves out for nice BBQ in the Alps, and a day ride back after a night's stay in Alpine. Then back on the ole BT while we have Monsoon for a week.

Later, it is summertime.

Tweety1

Nice, Dave! Welcome to F Troop. Curious what GPS you are running and how it was mounted/wired. Pics would be great.

Mine is a graphitan, btw (that's dark grey to you and me).

Keep us posted.

Wez

Last edited:
Replies

Thanks Tweety, I'm a member over at the F800 board under another name, it really has been useful, especially in figuring out the electrical accessories. Although President Madison tried to make us part of the US in 1812, :laugh I'm not in the US, but in southern Ontario near Detroit.

Wezul, if you want to PM me I can forward some pics of the GPS and electrical setup for you.

I got my 800S April 17th and just turned over 8400 miles today. Last week I did over 1900 miles in 3 days going out to Colorado from Illinois.

Attachments

• wb size.jpg
    wb size.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,388
Wow. What a great conversation about 800s. Very helpful to someone who's thinking about buying one.
I own an R1200RT which I love. But below 8mph it's tippy and my inseam is 29"
I've started shopping for seats - then a couple of days ago I read an 800 review in
ON and have begun to think the smart move may be to an 800ST.
I found a discussion group in which there were some cautionary comments about
handle bar vibration on the ST. Anyone had problems with that?

TTFN Arturo:brow :brow

I sometimes am on my toes with my '07 R12RT. I flatfoot my F800ST.

Very happy with my new F800ST

I recently (about three weeks ago) bought a new F800ST. It is all I expected. I think BMW has made a good choice in producing this model. I've only put about 400+ miles on it so far, but have a trip planned in July that will turnup the miles.

Try again to post image

First try on posting image didn't work, image to large here is a second try. Also, with this bike I have 47 years of BMW's in my garage: 1960 R26, 1983 R80RT and now a 2007 F800ST. One of my friends said I have now entered the 21st Century with my bikes.

Attachments

• 2007 BMW F800ST (4)-b.jpg
    2007 BMW F800ST (4)-b.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,366
Very nice coyotebmw! Is that a Marsee tank bag I spy on yours? Been thinking about one with an A-type setup to power some items like GPS, etc. Thanks for the reply in advance and welcome to the 21st century.

Enjoy it and the joy it brings.:bliss I have 1600 miles on mine, right now waiting in the garage on its Battery Tender while out of town, and taking a nice long trip in two weeks with five other beemers.

Tweety1

Riding The Blue Ridge Parkway

3400 Miles on my F800ST.
Still love it.
Why?
Just as responsive as my old 650...only 50 pounds heavier...30 more HP...one more gear...quick...always seems to have more to give.

Attachments

• Riding the BRP.jpg
    Riding the BRP.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,345
vibration

has anyone tried bar-end weights to help with the vibration? they help on my ST1300. I'm thinking about the F800ST next year when I've put some more miles on this bike and give BMW some time to sort out the new models.

has anyone tried bar-end weights to help with the vibration? they help on my ST1300. I'm thinking about the F800ST next year when I've put some more miles on this bike and give BMW some time to sort out the new models.

The bike comes with bar weights. My F800S has no noticeable vibration at all, so it might be a bike by bike thing. YMMV:thumb

Meanwhile, I put 600+ miles on this weekend, going up to Greer, AZ from Phoenix, through NM, and taking the 60 (right through Salt River Canyon-what a view) back, ranging 40 degrees back to 104, and saw plenty of deer during the trip, including two on the road we managed to see in time, and had to honk at them to move. :laugh

I was wearing Field Sheer mesh gloves, and mesh jacket, pants, with that new dry fit shirt, briefs, and socks. It works well, but you also need a rain suit to cover the mesh for those 40 degree rides.

1st timer

Bought my F800ST June 6 and I'm having a blast!
This is my first post and will attempt a pic with this.

Attachments

• beemer resized jpg.jpg
    beemer resized jpg.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,518
Bought my F800ST June 6 and I'm having a blast!
This is my first post and will attempt a pic with this.

Nice pic, Peg, and the F800 is a blast, whether S or ST and regardless of yellow, red, gray, blue, whatever!:dance

Congrats and enjoy!

If you guys don't mind me asking on this thread; will a typical full face helmet fit in the factory F series saddlebag?
There's a reason i am asking this, but I'm not talking. I'm no stool pigeon.
Gilly

helmet fits

It's an expandable bag, and yes one will fit in it.

1600 miles and still a blast!

Well I now have over 1600 miles on my bike and have made one long trip (500 Miles). It is still a blast to ride and full of surprises at its responsiveness and power. I did a comparison of power to weight between the R1200ST, the K1200S and the F800ST. The F800 is within a couple of tenths of the power to weight of the larger R-bike! This bike has got lots of looks and complements everywhere I go. BMW has surley created a winner with this bike!:clap :clap http://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/clap.gif
:clap

Well I now have over 1600 miles on my bike and have made one long trip (500 Miles). It is still a blast to ride and full of surprises at its responsiveness and power. I did a comparison of power to weight between the R1200ST, the K1200S and the F800ST. The F800 is within a couple of tenths of the power to weight of the larger R-bike! This bike has got lots of looks and complements everywhere I go. BMW has surley created a winner with this bike!

Hi there!

181167275-M.jpg

Last edited:
Back