• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

My Toy

F800ST024.jpg

Love it.

Picked up last Saturday and have 700kms on the clock. Problem is my mechanic cannot get it in for it's 1000km belt check till April 30th. :banghead Only leaves me 30kms per day without going over. Hope it rains lots :uhoh

Love it.

Picked up last Saturday and have 700kms on the clock. Problem is my mechanic cannot get it in for it's 1000km belt check till April 30th. :banghead Only leaves me 30kms per day without going over. Hope it rains lots :uhoh

Give them a call and ask them how far you can reasonably go. 600 miles is a guideline not a hard rule.

Love it.

Then be glad you are not here. We only get 7.5" of rain per year.

BTW, she is a beauty! Hope you like the riding. Mine goes in for its 600 mile (about 1000 km) belt check and first oil change tomorrow. Then its good 'til 6K miles.:bolt

Well, I took the F800S in for the 600 mile service this morning at 10AM Mountain Standard Time (we never switch to Daylight Time, here). Picked it up at 4:15PM not from that, as it passed the service great (reporting no shards of metal in the oil whatsover), and told me I did the break-in perfectly.

The problem was I have the TPM system which has been weird since day One. When it reports an error, it sticks, and was 3 lbs. low on several calibrated gauges. Finally, they check, and, aha, there was a software upgrade, which they did, and they said it's Ok now. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I took the pics I wanted to post. Here the first one showing the LED taillight...

Attachments

• IMG_0194-copy.jpg
    IMG_0194-copy.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,527
Last edited:
The next one

This one is down the street...

Tweety1

Attachments

• IMG_0198 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    IMG_0198 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,532
The other side

The other side shows the tail cover better. Nice piece just $$$. I just love the look and it is the only cosmetic farkle. The LED taillight was more suited to our highways here. It keeps tailgators away.

Tweety1
Over and out for now.:brow

Attachments

• IMG_0200-copy.jpg
    IMG_0200-copy.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,528
Attached is a picture of my new S that I got Tuesday and am loving it!!

You are right Tweety One; I thought the picture was attached after having to down size it and then it didn't want to upload and then I thought it had and then I sent the message and it wasn't on it. Oh well, your pictures are really good.

You are right Tweety One; I thought the picture was attached after having to down size it and then it didn't want to upload and then I thought it had and then I sent the message and it wasn't on it. Oh well, your pictures are really good.

Right you are too Riders. Mine were about 4.5 Mbs each and with me using Photoshop it took several attempts to downsize them to fit. PIA but ultimately succesful.

Thanks for the comments on mine, hope to see yours soon!

Tweety1

Nice pic!

Nice to see the twinsie of mine, Riders.

Which tank bag is that? I have an RKA 16 liter (black on black) on order shipping with matching on-again, off-again, 33 liter sport saddlebags.

Thanks Tweety1. The tankbag is just a small one that I got from J.C. Whitney and it was only about 50 dollars the time I got it here. I have an Eclipse tail bag that I will probably use. My wife has a R1100S with hard bags; so she will get to carry more when we travel. The Sportbags sound like a good idea and I may go with them. I see you have a RX8; we had a couple of RX7s. Later

Photos showing new luggage from RKA

I received the package yesterday, at last! Now no more messenger bag to go to work and back.

Great dealing with Richard Battles of RKA. He ran over to the nearest BMW dealer after I called him because he had never fit an F800 before, but can now! AND HOW!

Saddlebags will be part-time as needed but tank bag will see full-time duty. Notice how the gas cap is still accessible, and on the other side it clears the exhaust, well.

The best news is all of this was less than the BMW tank bag for navigator.

Attachments

• IMG_0202-copy.jpg
    IMG_0202-copy.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,470
Those Saddlebags really look nice!! Where did you get them and how much were they??

Those Saddlebags really look nice!! Where did you get them and how much were they??

Thanks riders, I like them too, but I only use saddlebags as needed, not fulltime, ergo, frameless, strap ons.
No changing rack or left over frames.

Got the whole set, saddlebags and tank bag from RKA Luggage. I have dealt with them before and they are great! Talk to Richard Battles, he is so knowledgeable, nice, and a fellow BMW MC afflicted one like us!

See it here: http://www.rka-luggage.com/A08 BMW/F800/F800.html

The saddlebags were $175 and the tank bag was $110.00 but both actually come with silver piping I did not want. And, because I asked for black on black, Richard waived the $30 custom color charge for me. Our yellow is available but I still wanted the black on black. And, before you might think these are pricey, go the website and see the features they have.

Tweety1

Last edited:
great thread

Wow. What a great conversation about 800s. Very helpful to someone who's thinking about buying one.
I own an R1200RT which I love. But below 8mph it's tippy and my inseam is 29"
I've started shopping for seats - then a couple of days ago I read an 800 review in
ON and have begun to think the smart move may be to an 800ST.
I found a discussion group in which there were some cautionary comments about
handle bar vibration on the ST. Anyone had problems with that?

TTFN Arturo:brow :brow

First off - it's a twin. Vibration is a given.

Lastly, it's a twin but it has the least amount of vibration I have ever felt in a twin.

At any speed I can clearly see whether the car in the distance behind has blue and red lights or not.

Any vibration I have felt is a light buzz on the grips. It varies depending on the rpm but it is never more than a buzz.

Back