Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

Really like that color. Enjoy.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

Windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    Riding the twisties in North Carolina on my new F700GS. I can't believe I like it more than my G650GS, but I do!
    Attachment 64591
    Gail - what windshield are you using in this pic? Also what size? I just got an F700GS and am looking at options. Thanks. Dave,
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    After 27 (long) years off I'm back to riding - finally! Just bought a new 2017 F700GS in "Racing Red" - Loving it!

Quote Originally Posted by excdnguy View Post
    Gail - what windshield are you using in this pic? Also what size? I just got an F700GS and am looking at options. Thanks. Dave,
    Dave,
    It is a Madstad windshield. Mine is 12" tall...they will make it any height you want. You need to talk to them and they will ask your height, what type bike, etc. I am VERY happy with it and their service.
    Madstad Engineering
    1451 E Jefferson St.
    Brooksville, FL 34601
    Email: support@madstad.com
    352-848-3646
    Last edited by shortythorne; 10-17-2017 at 11:07 PM. Reason: add info
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Riding the twisties in North Carolina on my new F700GS. I can't believe I like it more than my G650GS, but I do!
    Attachment 64591
    Looking good Gail. It is a wonderful bike.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Attachment 64591
    What's not to like on the F700GS? (Ok, maybe the stock exhaust)
    I admire your choice of color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave,
    It is a Madstad windshield. Mine is 12" tall...they will make it any height you want. You need to talk to them and they will ask your height, what type bike, etc. I am VERY happy with it and their service.
    Madstad Engineering
    1451 E Jefferson St.
    Brooksville, FL 34601
    Email: support@madstad.com
    352-848-3646
    Thanks Gail. Ended up buying a Touratech but as windshields don't last forever, I may look at the Madstad down the road. Heard good things about them. Dave.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    After 27 (long) years off I'm back to riding - finally! Just bought a new 2017 F700GS in "Racing Red" - Loving it!

My New F700GS - Name being Contemplated - Home for 6 weeks and 1200 miles!

Picked up my new "Racing Red" 2017 F700GS at my local dealer in Utah on September 8th and have been enjoying it thoroughly ever since. At a height-challenged 5' 6" tall, I ended up getting the lowered suspension version but with a regular height seat. Have taken some nice local rides in our mountains with the longest being a 230 mile day trip from Salt Lake City through the Uinta Mountains/Mirror Lake Highway on the east side of the state and eventually into Wyoming for a quick beer stop and then home. (adapted bicycle seat pack had a 1 6-pack limit). Added some farkles - SW Motech center stand (necessity) - BMW hand guards, Touratech windshield a week ago and still waiting on my back-ordered BMW engine/crash bars. Looking at a Wunderlich rear fender/liner for splashes and I'm sure I will upgrade to a Corbin or Seargent seat at some point. Also adding some kind of top case by spring - would work better for me than side panniers based on my garage parking and clearances. (Some pics are pre installation of some accessories). So far so great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Awesome!! I have one in Red exactly like it. I had enough reach to actually get the BMW Comfort seat..... still not as "comfortable" as I'd like though.

Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by crna59 View Post
    Awesome!! I have one in Red exactly like it. I had enough reach to actually get the BMW Comfort seat..... still not as "comfortable" as I'd like though.

Enjoy!!
    Thanks. I could probably reach with the BMW Comfort seat as well. I tried sitting on one with a Corbin and it just felt right so I may go that route. D.