• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Removing stickers

john1691

Sounds like a dumb question, but what is the best way to get the factory "zebra" stickers off the front of a K12RS? I am rebuilding a wrecked bike for a friend who is a volunteer doing Katrina relief (see "Would you help provide a free BMW" under Clubhouse thread) and the one side panel I found on ebay has some rash that includes the red zebra sticker. I tried my wife's hair dryer, but it didn't help much, also tried "Goo Gone" trying to get the sticker started, but also no help. Any ideas? I don't want to use a harsh chemical that might gamage the thermoplastic.

Thanks for any ideas you have!

WD40 and lighter fluid have been successful for me. In the case of lighter fluid, it can evaporate before the job is done, so I secure a rag or paper towel over the sticker to keep things from drying too fast.

Hair dryer +1.

Don't overlook the miracle adhesive removal properties of WD-40.

Thanks, looks like WD-40 is the next thing to try. I was worried about any chemical reaction that may interfere with the integrity of the plastic itself, but the part is still painted, so it shouldn't get through to the plastic there anyway.

Back