• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW GSA on FIRE!

Found this on the adv site, :cry Its kinda cool too!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220313

Forum wont let me post the picture... its too big, they say???

That hits a little too close to home! Just had a K1100LT do the same Richard Pryor impression. I didn't have a camera though, all I could do was watch... the REAL bummer is that the fire station as only 2 blocks away from me, not miles like this guy. It didn't matter... the bike was still a total loss.

BMW is one step ahead. In the mid-2008 production run, a sprinkler system will be incorporated into the new alarm/airbag circuit. K-bikes, only, though.

Fred

Ya know, you can buy METAL quick connects for about 2/3 LE$$ than BMW charges for the plastic ones. They're all made by Colder Products Corp. If you wanna go for the plastic crap, get them from McMaster-Carr for about a tenth of what BMW charges for the same product.

Looks Like a BMW-BQ to me.

Speaking of integrated fire supression, maybe a small Ansul foam system could be mounted to my GS (where the charcoal cannister used to be).

Back