• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

65 in Ohio today

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
It is 65, here in Cincy, and I am going out before the rain hits. Time for fresh gas in the tank, and to heat up the air in the tires.

You go boy. It's finally stopped raining here in SF, but the temps are still right at freezing.

It's been hovering just below 50 here in Milwaukee for about a week and a half. We had a good solid downpour yesterday afternoon.

My bike's stored for the winter (such that it is so far), so a ride report would be nice Lorezapam....

I beat the rain

It was a great day for a ride!! I started off by going to the dealer for an oil filter and synthetic lube for the tranny and rear end. This was boring slab roads, but the fun began soon after leaving BMW Tristate (great bunch of folks). I rode east to Milford Oh, and took a series of back roads to US 50. I followed this to OH222, and followed the Little Miami National Senic river to Batavia OH, where I picked up OH 132. This is an excellent road that begins with sweepers and tightens up as you get closer to the Ohio river. I then went east on US 52 which paralells the Ohio river. I then took OH 133 back up out of the river valley. This is a delightful goat path that took me winding through Clermont County to a village called Williamsburg. I then took OH 276 to Owensville, Oh and picked up several back roads that follow the streams that meander through the countryside, with a profusion of curves and elevation changes till I arrived in Loveland Oh. I stopped for a haircut, and decided that the sky was giving me a hint that this ride was about to end. It was just a leisurely cruise back home to Madiera, just as the rain began to fall. Overall, a shortish ride, 103 miles total, but for January definately a grand experience. I had so much fun, I didnt want to stop for pictures. I will do my best to submit photos in my next report.

Sounds like a fun trip. I had the pleasure of riding Hwy 52 along the Ohio River (from Cinn. to Huntington, WV.) to the Charleston Rally.

Thanks for the vicarious ride.

Beautiful day in the 60's here in Delaware. Asked the wife if she wanted to ride up route 9 along the Delaware Bay. She said she'd like to ride to the outlets in Rehoboth. It never hurts to get some points with the misses. Took backroads most of the way. I don't often get to the outlets with a smile on my face.

BG that is a nice senic road to ride to get to the really great riding out that way. Any state route running off that road will be a good time, and some of the local roads will have you breathless.

manic mechanic said:
We may not see 65 up here until June, right BG?
This weather sucks - too cold and salty to ride, too warm for ice racing. At least I can get the skiis out now - we got our first snow of the winter last night - about 6 inches here along the lake.

Aside from not being able to ride, the part I hate worst is now we have to crawl around on a cold concrete floor, in puddles of slush, to work on sleds. Ah, well, indoor archery leagues start tonight. That helps make the time go.

I'm in Dallas for work right now and it's freaking 29F.

Man.......

I've gotta get back to Cali. And soon.

boxergrrlie said:
..too warm for ice racing.

OK, OK, I might have spoken too soon. It's 1 (one) degree here right now with 18 mile-an-hour winds which = a windchill of 20 below.

KBasa, 29F sounds balmy right now...

KBasa said:
I'm in Dallas for work right now and it's freaking 29F.

Man.......

I've gotta get back to Cali. And soon.
Take care down there! I recall being at a conference there in the 80s when it was that temperature, dry, but there was just the slightest amount of snow/slush on the sides of the roads. There were accidents everywhere! Worse than in LA when it rains!

Back