• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone Headed to Alaska after Rally?

1150gsanchor

Just wondering if anyone is continuing to Alaska after the Rally. I'll be riding home to Alaska about that time, have done the trip solo more times than I remember the past 35 years, every now and again it's nice to ride with company. I typically ride 500 to 600 miles a day, rain or shine, and sometimes I hangout somewhere for a day or so if it's interesting. I have a GS Adventure and tend to ride the roads less traveled and most always stop in Dawson City, Yukon. Have a friend there who shares an appreciation for Scotch and Beemers.:coffee :dance

Hi. We are travelling west from West Bend on our way to Manitoba and Saskatchewan, via North Dakota, etc..., though our pace is more like around 300-400 miles per day, not 500-600 (my wife can't take that much per day - even though she will be riding her own bike). If interested, you can reply directly. We will be leaving Sunday AM sometime.

Riding to Alaska

My girlfriend and I are leaving Whitehorse on July 01 for the rally, she rides a Honda VFR, and will be coming back this way afterwards. She isn't a long distance rider yet and we don't really know how many miles we will be doing. We'll know by the time we get to the rally though. Look us up at the rally, my Yukon licence plate says "BEEMER"

Alaska after Rally

My girlfriend and I are leaving Whitehorse on July 01 for the rally, she rides a Honda VFR, and will be coming back this way afterwards. She isn't a long distance rider yet and we don't really know how many miles we will be doing. We'll know by the time we get to the rally though. Look us up at the rally, my Yukon licence plate says "BEEMER"

I'll look for you and I have a Silver 04 GS Adventure with a personalized Alaska plate that says "SCROFA". If your not busy around the 22nd of June, there will be about a 100 dualsport riders in Dawson at the Downtown Hotel for summer solstice. It's the Dust to Dawson ( D2D ). Advrider.com, regional forums, Great White North:buds :beer

Ride to Alaska

I'll try to make it to Dawson, I've been here 20 years and never been up there for solstice.

I'm heading to prudhoe bay from cape cod massachusetts and have just registered for the rally. I'll be on an 03 BMW GS1150adv black with the yellow stripe thingy on it. I'm planning on going to chicken and tok on the way. I'm going solo right now as my mate that was supposed to go had to cancel for medical concerns.. 500 -600 miles are normal for me and I'll go wherever the front tire is pointed
Man I'm psyched for this trip:groovy

Inuvik, NWT

Riding to the Rally and back to Inuvik on the Dempster Highway with plate which is BMWRT. Not sure why you would ride to Alaska when you have the Dempster. May see you guys in Whitehorse or Dawson.

Attachments

• dempster-map.jpg
    dempster-map.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 55
Riding to the Rally and back to Inuvik on the Dempster Highway with plate which is BMWRT. Not sure why you would ride to Alaska when you have the Dempster. May see you guys in Whitehorse or Dawson.

I'm hoping to hit invuik as well and then prudhoe bay

Back