• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Non-member attendance

r1100rick

Re: Direct from the horse's .......mouth aka ask the chair

Michael Friedle said:
What questions do you have about the Rally?

Go ahead, ask whatever's on your mind. See you in Charleston.

I have a question about non member attendance I have a brother and good friend who would like to met me there how can they attend one is a bm'er and one is on a brit?

:thumb

The Rally is open to all BMW riders and their guests. MOA membeship is not a requirement, but once you see what we are about, how could you not join.

Josh, Rally co-Chair

I had the same question so thanks for the clarification. My wife and I have been riding with a friend for about 15 years, We've ridden Beemers and he's always had Honda's. He want's to ride up and see what the MOA Rally is all about. He's also in the market for a new bike, so I'm using the rally to try to convince him to give up the Japanese stuff and get on a real tourer! So if you see a big guy on a black Honda Pacific Coast, give him hell!
:D

Any guest of a BMW rider is welcome. Each year we have people come by car, truck, plane, train, bicycle, walking, and "other." Even other brands of motorcycle. Most of us started on another brand. Take your friend on some of the great curves of rural West Virgina, and s/he will be needing BMW.

Josh, Rally Co-Chair :wow

Pacific Coasts? Day Visitors

Re the guy with the Pacific Coast. How can you not love a bike which has room in the back to ice a whole case of beer? And when the ice melts just pull out two rubber plugs in the "saddlebags" and away you go !!

Since the site is not contiguous, will people who don't attend the rally be able to visit the vendors in the civic center? As anyone who works registration can tell you, we get grief about that every year. Just curious. I was called bad names in Redmond by a couple of bicyclists ( you know, they make MOTORS for those things now) who wanted to try out an intercom system. (How were they gonna power it? Solar panels on their heads??)

terry

Re: Pacific Coasts? Day Visitors

TheSuperScoot said:
Since the site is not contiguous, will people who don't attend the rally be able to visit the vendors in the civic center? As anyone who works registration can tell you, we get grief about that every year.

terry

Hello Terry,

One of the neat features of having a facility like the Civic Center is that we can easily control access to our group's activities. Access to the commercial vendors will be available only to those with a Rally wrist band. Before you ask,:), the will be NO DAY PASSES per BMW MOA Rally policy. Just like a baseball game, there is one admission price. You can decide how many innings you would like to enjoy, but you don't get a discount for only wanting to watch the third and fourth innings.

non member

Your absolutely right about the storage "trunk" on the Pacific Coast.

As mentioned before, my friend is looking for a new steed and hopes to see all that BMW has to offer at this rally, including the "family" of riders. I hope he finds what we have all found in BMW, a great bike and great friends and chooses BMW for his next bike.

He is registering and will gladly pay full admission to the rally. My wife and I, along with our long time riding buddy will see you all in July. (Someone sell him a beemer). :) I'm really looking forward to meeting many of you, and making new friends.

bmw rallies

well by all means bring your friend, and tell him to bring his checkbook. no doubt SOMEONE will sell him a bmw while he's there.

terry boots
r1100rt, not for sale.

Back