• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Am I too tall for a GT

L

Luckies

I'm off to test ride a new GT this weekend, might trade an 04 RT but, I'd like to know if there is any body that is 6' 5", or there abouts, that has comments about the ergos. When I bought the RT in 04 I had ridden the GT, but found it a little too cramped for my liking, so I went with the RT. I've sat on the new GT and it seems comfortable enough, awfully close to the RT in my opinion, or maybe I just want it to be. :nod So, I need cooler heads to help, what say you all?

Dave

cramped

i am 5/10 have seat on high bars low after 200mi i start to want more leg room its nothing that i cant live with i have 32 inseam can put both feet flat on ground but wish for more room they do sell peg lowers 1.5inch but then brake dosnt lineup and then there the corrnering but i have a inch of chicken strip on rear and havent draged the feelers yet about 4100miles so but who knows how long that will last :usa

I'm not worried about the chicken strips or the feelers, in the last 41K on the Rt they haven't been touched either.:heh

Gt

I just got the GT. I'm 6' - 4", so we're close. The ergos are fine, and I think better than the RT (although I haven't owned an RT)
The tall windshield is not. I just ordered a Cee Bailey and it should be here today that is 6" taller than the short BMW. It should help.

This bike is a replacement for the K1100LT (they stopped making it in 1997 and didn't replace until now)

I think you would love this animal. I was expecting it to be good and it's better than that.:wave

Thanks for the reply. Did you buy the Suburban Machine peg lowering kit?

Dave

new windshield

I did not lower the pegs. I've only got 300 miles on it, though, but I don't think I will need to. The first long trip will tell.

I just got the Cee Bailey tall (+6") windshield. I'm in love! It's perfect, as far as I can tell.

I'm getting to like this bike much more than I thought I would. The gearing is perfect and it feels like a slot car. I'm not sure what the electronic suspension adjustments do, but it's fun to play with.

I got the tire pressure on the dash option and that's way cool.

I love this bike.:groovy

Back