• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Squid test results

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
Here are my results from taking the "Squid Test Evaluation" (http://www.bytebrothers.org/SquidTest.htm)

"So far, 20430 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 84 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society.

Your score indicates that you are a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass."

I would have scored an even higher score but for all the questions regarding motorcycle chains. A chain on a motorcycle is what you use to secure it to a tree so no one steals it, right? I ride a BMW, so I have no idea what purpose a chain serves on a bike.

Me - a "wise-ass"? Never! I should sue for defamation!

Last edited:
Apparently you know very little about BMW motorcycles. The F and the G series both use drive chains. Some even use drive belts.

Man - do people ever take things literally on this site or what!

Of course BMW sells bikes driven by belts and chains - but what do MOST of us ride? K and R bikes.

How do K and R bikes transmit power to the rear wheel? Shaft drive.

Why am I explaining this to you? Because you took my words too literally, apparently you didn't realize the whole post was supposed to be fun, and now you've taken the air out of the balloon with your need to be hyper-technical about my post.

I realize you're an engineer and thus perhaps unable to not be hyper-technical, but can't some people just let some things slide every now and then? This is supposed to be a humorous post, not a request for technical information.

Thanks.

"Me - a 'wise-ass'? Never!"
:dance

How come all the pictures of your bike on your website are in front of your house? Don't you know how to ride?

So far, 20433 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 21 (from 0 to 100), and 84 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a complete fool with no sense of responsibility of propriety, and a glaring discredit to their genre.

guess i need to answer more questions to "raise" my score

guess i shouldn't answer "put a p-51 mustang engine in it" to the question "how do you make your zx-11 go faster":laugh

So far, 20439 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated. Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 74 (from 0 to 100), and 0 out of the 115 questions were left un-answered. The average number of questions answered in this test is 47.

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic his or her own good.

OK. It was/is a boring afternoon in the office today..

#80... If you answered , you are not allowed to respond to any of these questions.

#27... What trait do "Baa Baa" and "Debbie" share?
#28... As above, re: Chris Perez or Ravi Narayan?
#61... Can anyone here state the date of the origin of option [c]?
#92... Who wrote Rule #1 and why was he mistaken?

Apparently you know very little about BMW motorcycles. The F and the G series both use drive chains. Some even use drive belts.

If it ain't got a driveshaft, it's not a genuine BMW regardless of what the title says.

If it ain't got a driveshaft, it's not a genuine BMW regardless of what the title says.
Brilliant!
Right up there with...
"If it has a fairing, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't air-cooled, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't got an Earles fork, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't got a telescopic fork and a pressed frame, it's not a genuine BMW."

#80... If you answered , you are not allowed to respond to any of these questions.

#27... What trait do "Baa Baa" and "Debbie" share?
#28... As above, re: Chris Perez or Ravi Narayan?
#61... Can anyone here state the date of the origin of option [c]?
#92... Who wrote Rule #1 and why was he mistaken?

Did you know Ravi Narayan bought my Ducati 750ss? And then wrecked it? :laugh

Man, that whole rec.moto thing seems ages ago.

Come on Flash...We all know that (we with the chains) are on the low end of the totem pole 'round here...Seeing that we've got Austrian pistons running in our German cylinders...

Why is Cher's song "Half-breed" keep popping into my head?

I'd still take a 800GS if it comes with a shaft drive by the way...Not to be biased or anything...

Brilliant!
Right up there with...
"If it has a fairing, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't air-cooled, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't got an Earles fork, it's not a genuine BMW."
"If it ain't got a telescopic fork and a pressed frame, it's not a genuine BMW."

You're probably right. I guess I was swayed by bikes manufactured by Aprilla with a Rotax engine having a chain and being badged BMW.

You're probably right. I guess I was swayed by bikes manufactured by Aprilla with a Rotax engine having a chain and being badged BMW.
You're probably right. Using the same logic, I guess I'm swayed by you being "badged" as an American even though your grandparents (or their grandparents) came from some other country.

By the way, what bikes does Aprilia manufacture for BMW these days?

What "nationality" are the Toyota trucks built in Texas?

Come on Flash...We all know that (we with the chains) are on the low end of the totem pole 'round here...Seeing that we've got Austrian pistons running in our German cylinders...

I thought that was reserved for those of us with a black belt and an Austrian Engine. But it does have two spark plugs. :brow

"Me - a 'wise-ass'? Never!"
:dance

How come all the pictures of your bike on your website are in front of your house? Don't you know how to ride?

Since getting the bike on November 5th, I've ridden 3,000 miles, so I think the obvious answer is that yes, I do know how to ride.

Most of my riding is to and from work. Who wants to see pictures of someone's commute?

There is the guy in Ontario (I think) who has a hack and commutes year round, regardless of how much snow or ice is on the road. I did enjoy seeing his photos from his mid-winter commutes.

Brushing 15 inches of snow off the seat so you can go riding seems like such a bizarre concept for me and my two-wheeled machine.

MORE PEOPLE TAKE THE SQUID TEST AND POST YOUR RESULTS!@!!!:D :clap :cry :doh :stick

Since getting the bike on November 5th, I've ridden 3,000 miles, so I think the obvious answer is that yes, I do know how to ride.

Most of my riding is to and from work. Who wants to see pictures of someone's commute?

There is the guy in Ontario (I think) who has a hack and commutes year round, regardless of how much snow or ice is on the road. I did enjoy seeing his photos from his mid-winter commutes.

Brushing 15 inches of snow off the seat so you can go riding seems like such a bizarre concept for me and my two-wheeled machine.

Actually, he is in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I do agree, he brings a new appreciation for riding in less than ideal conditions. Now if I could only get my DSW to permit me to purchase a Ural so I can commute year round as well. :brad

There is the guy in Ontario (I think) who has a hack and commutes year round, regardless of how much snow or ice is on the road.

As does Hannu in Madison, Maine.

Muriel

:D got to love this ???

A helmet can best protect you in a fall if its
[a] on your head.
on your arm.
[c] bungeed to the rear of the seat.

:doh
Dont know about it... let me pick my brains up out of the gutter...

Back