• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

k1200lt.net

Does anyone know what happened to the k1200lt.net website?
I tried to log on and the server cannot be found.

Jack:confused:

K1200 Net

Me too. I suppose their server is down. I went on the site Sunday night, but couldn't get on all day yesterday or today (3-31 - 4/1).

It is (has been) a good and helpful site for K1200LT owners.

We're back

The K1200LT.net site is back up. We had a bit of an outage. Poor old bailing wire and duct tape server in Vancouver got hit by lightning. We're back up in Colorado. There are still some glitches we are working out from the transition, but the forums are back up.

Clarification

Interesting. Post this and already have 3 emails from people asking about the site.

Answer to Question 1 (an offer to help us with hosting): The K1200LT.net site is back up from our outage. We had everything running on a little linux server in Vancouver that took a lightning hit. We're back up on our recently acquired Sun servers in our center in Colorado. Thanks for the offer though. It really shows what a great bunch of people are at MOA. Thanks!!!

Answer to Question 2 (new site look and feel): We gave the site a new look during the outage to better reflect what K1200LT.net is about -- Luxury Touring. We've also got the new BMWLT.net domain name to better represent that change. We are still centered around the K1200LT, but riders of all makes and models are welcome. The website is www.bmwlt.net (the old www.k1200lt.net works as well)

Answer to Question 3 (asking if non-K1200LTs are welcome at the annual event - Curve Cowboy Reunion): Riders of all makes and models are welcome to join us in the fun. While the event is centered around the K1200LT, we usually run 10% non-K1200LT and all are welcomed as part of the family. With our transition to BMW Luxury Touring, we fully expect more non-K1200LTers to join us for the festivities. The website is www.curvecowboyreunion.com

If you have any other questions, go ahead and ask at questions@curvecowboyreunion.com or just reply here and I'll do my best to answer them (or pass it along to the right people on the organizing committee to get an answer)

Thanks again for the responses!!!

Back